Real gold?

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this with my nox 800 today, rang up as 17 in park1, thought it was real but when I got home and looked it over it doesn’t have any karat markings just “nv” and what looks like the # 11, probably the ring size. Looked it up and nv stands for Nevada Silver Mine.
Is it worth anything or just bling? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1591232499.068235.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1591232538.838037.jpg t ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1591232566.606333.jpg

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some at home tests you can do if you google it but the best way is a test kit which is cheap and a good tool to have.I would think a carrot designation would be on it. Look for any flaking on it or pitting. You could also search test gold in the search menu see if theres any home tests people have done.. Hope its gold.....Tommy

OP
OP
nuggetdog

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some at home tests you can do if you google it but the best way is a test kit which is cheap and a good tool to have.I would think a carrot designation would be on it. Look for any flaking on it or pitting. You could also search test gold in the search menu see if theres any home tests people have done.. Hope its gold.....Tommy

Looks like I’m getting a test kit, I have several other items that need testing as well. So I’m swinging away yesterday listening for tones and I got a loud triple beep, looked at the ground and there was that ring just sitting on top of the grass like someone’s just tossed a bad memory out the window as they drove by.

Last edited:

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you dug that up and it's that clean, it could be gold. Maybe some type of "foreign" marking?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NV typically stands for "Nevada Silver Mine" or "Nevada Jewelry Company". Probably gold plate over silver.

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about some more information on this find?

How deep was it? What was the area like where you found it? How dirty/crusty was it when you dug it up?

Just curious.

Finding something like this just makes you feel good and is like an adrenaline rush so you keep looking for the next one.

Nice find.

OP
OP
nuggetdog

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s funny because I was just swinging away and I got this triple beep, I looked down and it was laying on top of the grass at a local park next to the street like someone had just dropped it or threw a bad memory out the window as they drove by. It’s a beautiful ring, I’m pretty sure the stone is CZ or glass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread