Nix 600 Beach with Iron

Redbullwings

Jun 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox 600 Beach with Iron

Hello all, long time reader of the forums but I officially just joined

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. I’ve been detecting an East Coast Salt water beach and there has been some good erosion and it’s dropped the sand level considerably. It’s now exposed plenty of rocks and also some big rusty iron along with plenty of iron still in the ground. We’ve pulled out some old coins (1898 IHP and about a dozen silvers). The big iron is giving us fits though. Falsing like crazy. Hearing some sweet high tones and turns out it’s iron.
Using a Nox 600, Noise cancelling, Beach 2 ( we are in wet sand and tidal pools), Iron is at F2=0 and sensitivity 20-23 usually. Using the 11” coil mostly but playing around with the. 6” occasionally.

Anyone have any suggestions on navigating the iron falsing.

Thanks everyone

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crank the F2 iron bias up to at least the second highest setting, if not full, that's what it's for. Use the horseshoe to listen for iron grunts in unison with the falsing high tones vs. a pure high tone should give you a clue too. Big iron falsing, use pinpoint mode to trace the target footprint. If it's big, then not a coin.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen to vferrari and do what he says.

Jeff

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might also try reducing the sensitivity to help keep it from sparking on all that iron. I'd try sensitivity all the was down to single digits just to see what it will do in the worst areas. I'd also run the recovery speed up to max (I guess 3 on the 600) to help separate targets.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14: This is the place for quality advice from seasoned detectorists. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
R

Redbullwings

Jun 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the tips....I'll be testing some of them out next weekend. Plenty of good targets there...just gotta find them amonst the rusty iron buried deep

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread