LS Pelso Headphones

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received my new LS Pelso headphones they sound great, but I’m worried because when they are fully seated into my detector I can see half of the threads I was afraid to fully submerge them because they don’t appear to be water tight, does anyone else have these phones with the same problem? I came close to fully submerged and a couple minutes later the hazard triangle showed up. I immediately pulled plug and found a drop of water on tip of plug I dried it off and reinserted. A couple minutes later triangle went away. So I’m afraid to use. Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just put an extra o-ring on the jack if you're concerned, that is what I did. They are waterproof and there is internal o-ring in the Equinox.

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
The triangle on the screen show the Black Sand if i know correctly?

I have been using it for a long time since it was on the market, in many cases for snorkeling . One of the speakers became quieter, but that was fixed. I'm happy with it.

Dirt Duke

Aug 26, 2018
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received my new LS Pelso headphones they sound great, but I’m worried because when they are fully seated into my detector I can see half of the threads I was afraid to fully submerge them because they don’t appear to be water tight, does anyone else have these phones with the same problem? I came close to fully submerged and a couple minutes later the hazard triangle showed up. I immediately pulled plug and found a drop of water on tip of plug I dried it off and reinserted. A couple minutes later triangle went away. So I’m afraid to use. Thanks

I have the Pelsos. Love them. Great sound if you don't use them for diving.
As Treasure Hunter says, just add an O-ring if you're worried, but the Nox is sealed internally to prevent water from getting in. You may want to put a small coating of silicone grease on the O-ring. Be sure to rinse salt water off.

And, yes, the yellow triangle is an overload indicator in the Beach modes. Too much black sand can trigger it. I doubt it's related to the drop of water you saw on your headphone jack.

Last edited:

jmaziarz

Greenie
Nov 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Teknetics Patriot, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the same thing. The o-ring is not tight on mine with the threads fully engaged. I've had it submerged for hours without any modification and they've been fine on my 600.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I picked up a pair of the Pelsos for water and liked the sound so was using them for a while on land as well, even though they weren't wireless. But then I started to notice that my high tones were coming through very weakly. At first I was excited, thinking they were nice deep targets, but they often weren't. I compared with my Gray Ghosts then and came to realize that the frequency response for high tones on the Pelsos isn't the same at all. I've gone back to the GGs since then.

Hddeuce03

Jul 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the same thing on my Pelso's and was also worried. However, I just took the plunge so to speak and have used them many times now without issues. As others stated, the headphone port is internally waterproof.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The seal is actually o-ring down inside the connector, not the o-ring on the outside.

Weird I know. The threads are visible on mine also. I stack two o-rings on the outside only to keep sand out of the threads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread