relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Vet wrap bandage tape works very well on detector grips. I wrapped my torn Explorer grip a few years ago and it's great. May even be great over the handlebar tape. It's cheap enough to be worth a try.

Or rubber fusing tape. No adhesive residue and inexpensive. Grippy and easy / cheap to replace.

I also am very satisfied with my Steve’s shaft. It’s a foldable shaft. Since the counterweight has to come off to fit in its tennis racket bag, I use a Ford model T piston attached to a 3” long piece of shaft topped with a colonial lead weight I found. The counterweight just sets in the upper shaft and is removed to go in the carry bag. It balances out the 11” coil for effortless swing. If I could leave it on I’d get the counterweight from Steve though.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the Detector Buddy is a strap that connects to your detector then goes over your neck and opposite shoulder . It's padded and takes all the weight off your wrist and hand. I've used them on all my detectors for the last 12 years. Highly recommended. If you haven't tried one then you do'nt know what your missing.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a detector buddy strap that was given to me. I use it to drag my portable chair through the woods.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've heard great things about Steve's Detector Rods. He is a supporting vendor here. The ergonomics issue is a known design flaw. The only way out is to send some cash to get a lower carbon fiber shaft. Adding weight probably won't help.

Adding weight DOES help, though. The counterbalance takes a load off of your wrist.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or rubber fusing tape. No adhesive residue and inexpensive. Grippy and easy / cheap to replace.

I also am very satisfied with my Steve’s shaft. It’s a foldable shaft. Since the counterweight has to come off to fit in its tennis racket bag, I use a Ford model T piston attached to a 3” long piece of shaft topped with a colonial lead weight I found. The counterweight just sets in the upper shaft and is removed to go in the carry bag. It balances out the 11” coil for effortless swing. If I could leave it on I’d get the counterweight from Steve though.

I used baseball bat tape. Works beautifully.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread