New Equinox update - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: New Equinox update

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2010
    Coloma, Michigan
    Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
    279 times
    If that were to be true the that would prove the 600 was running 5 frequencies in multi and after the update multi would be 6 freq on the 600. That would be nice..
    have to see if the 600 will take the update. I wish I had a place to do the update. Last time I had to go to a nearby town and use their computer for the update.
    Coloma, Michigan, South West lower Michigan.Just east of St,
    Joseph Mi, 12 miles

Equinox 800 11, 6 coil
    Steveís Carbon fiber shaft with counter weight.
    Xterra 70

us
    Jul 2010
    421 times
    Does anyone seriously figure that ML tweaked-in a 4K frequency just for the 800? That makes zero sense..

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8788 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    If that were to be true the that would prove the 600 was running 5 frequencies in multi and after the update multi would be 6 freq on the 600. That would be nice..
    have to see if the 600 will take the update. I wish I had a place to do the update. Last time I had to go to a nearby town and use their computer for the update.
    The 600 was always using 5 frequencies in multi. It's just the 20khz and 40 khz single frequencies that the 600 didn't have. My understanding is that the new 4khz is just an additional single frequency, and not added to multi as a 6th..
    Jason in Enid likes this.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Jan 2010
    Coloma, Michigan
    Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
    279 times
    Wish Minelab would explain their upgrades better so we don’t have all the confusions.
    And dose it do anything else in the update. It says for Asia so do we need to do the update on other parts of the world.
    Iron Buzz likes this.
    Joseph Mi, 12 miles

Equinox 800 11, 6 coil
    Xterra 70

us
    Sep 2012
    Highlands, TX
    Garrett AT Pro Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher CZ-21
    250 times
    Wish Minelab would explain their upgrades better so we donít have all the confusions.
    And dose it do anything else in the update. It says for Asia so do we need to do the update on other parts of the world.
    " In addition to the 4 kHz upgrade feature, various stability enhancements have been included. "

From the downloadable brochure.
    Iron Buzz likes this.

us
    jason

Mar 2016
    middlebury vt
    Fisher 1235x
    10 times
    I just updated my 600 today and tried it out for a little while. So far my pinpoint feature seems a little different (for the better) and also picking up deeper targets in places i have previously detected. My tid's are a little different than they were, but seems to be more stable.
    I wish minelab would explain the details better too, but figured it would be worth a shot updating to the newest firmware.
    Still alot of testing to be done, but so far so good for me. I figure if end up not liking it, I can always change it back.. its nice we all have that option.
    I think that it will take some getting used to figure out the details and nuances of how this new version works for us, as we are are familiar with the firmware we have been using. Nothing like learning the same machine again for the third time! But it dont think it will be too hard. I guess time will tell if we all like it or not. Hopefully it will unlock some better treasures for us all!!
    Happy hunting
    Ironfeathers likes this.

us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1811 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I installed it and took it out for a test run and I will say that it seems to have quieted the machine down *considerably*. None of that random (non-EMI) chatter, even at sensitivity of 25. I'm happy, so far at least.
    Ironfeathers likes this.

us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1811 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    The 600 was always using 5 frequencies in multi. It's just the 20khz and 40 khz single frequencies that the 600 didn't have. My understanding is that the new 4khz is just an additional single frequency, and not added to multi as a 6th..
    How reliable is your source for that information? That's a pretty big (IMO) detail for them to leave us guessing on. It seems to me that 4kHz added into the multi mix could be an excellent addition.

Charter Member
    us
    Colonel

Jan 2014
    Central Florida
    EQX 800; CTX 3030; Excal II
    1303 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I've installed V 3 on my 800. I'll use it on Cocoa Beach this evening and report back.
    ~The Challenge: Big Beach; Little Coil; Tiny Targets~

~"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"~ Leonardo da Vinci

~Pre-determined settings serve only to get you in the ballpark. Itís up to you to pick the best seat~

us
    Mr.

Jan 2020
    Near Ann Arbor Michigan
    Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
    151 times
    Metal Detecting
    Let me know, I'm interested....
    Ironfeathers likes this.

us
    Jan 2010
    Coloma, Michigan
    279 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    Looking at the youtube test it looks like the 4khz is only added to single frequency and not the multi but I may be wring.
    4khz seemed to be mich more stable and quieter than 5khz. and multi.
    Minelab is terrible on explain to us on what they are doing when they put out an update. They are lacking in public relations.
    We had this same confusion with the F2 update.
    Doug
    Iron Buzz and Iffy Signals like this.
    Joseph Mi, 12 miles

Equinox 800 11, 6 coil
    Xterra 70

us
    Sep 2012
    Highlands, TX
    Garrett AT Pro Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher CZ-21
    250 times
    Looking at the youtube test it looks like the 4khz is only added to single frequency and not the multi but I may be wring.
    4khz seemed to be mich more stable and quieter than 5khz. and multi.
    Minelab is terrible on explain to us on what they are doing when they put out an update. They are lacking in public relations.
    We had this same confusion with the F2 update.
    Doug
    He tests each frequency alone but how do we know if it is added to the multi? Only ML knows I guess.
    Iffy Signals likes this.

us
    Jan 2010
    Coloma, Michigan
    279 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View Post
    He tests each frequency alone but how do we know if it is added to the multi? Only ML knows I guess.
    Iím not sure but I donít think so because when he had it in multi it wasnít hitting on it as well but I may be wrong. I think it was just added to single freq.
    Doug
    Iffy Signals likes this.
    Joseph Mi, 12 miles

Equinox 800 11, 6 coil
    Xterra 70

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    9023 times
    Wish Minelab would explain their upgrades better so we don’t have all the confusions.
    Minelab has NEVER given good explanations of the internal workings of their machines. Most of us gave up worrying and just enjoy the fact they outperform everything else, however they do it.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

us
    Jun 2015
    Maryland
    Minelab Equinox 600
    10821 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (3)
    All I wanna know is what are the large deep objects in Asia
    1652 Pine Tree Shilling(Noe 1)-cut Pine Tree Shilling(Noe 10)-1656 4 Reales Cob-1698 2 Reales Cob-1852 Gold $1-1853 O Gold $1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links