New Equinox update - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: New Equinox update

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2012
    Highlands, TX
    Garrett AT Pro Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher CZ-21
    250 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Iím not sure but I donít think so because when he had it in multi it wasnít hitting on it as well but I may be wrong. I think it was just added to single freq.
    Doug
    I just wonder if the other frequencies are causing it to sound that way. I normally hunt in multi so it would be nice if it did give a bit better depth there too.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    13173 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Sewer plates
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Mr.

Jan 2020
    Near Ann Arbor Michigan
    Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
    152 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hey Toasted, that's what I was thinking? So, I just did the download, it worked and the equinox came back on. If it wasn't so hot, I would run out and try it. Perhaps tonight...

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8791 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Buzz View Post
    How reliable is your source for that information? That's a pretty big (IMO) detail for them to leave us guessing on. It seems to me that 4kHz added into the multi mix could be an excellent addition.
    It says right there in the ad that the other single and multi frequencies are not effected by the new version. I installed the upgrade yesterday and gave it a short test drive. Much more testing needs to be done before drawing any conclusions, but, in my short hunt, I found it to be more stable at any given sensitivity, and the I.d. number didn't jump around as much. That's an improvement in my book even if nothing else is improved. More info as I continue to use it.
    Ironfeathers likes this.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Mar 2012
    Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
    Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3). Detecting since 1972.
    1352 times
    New version improves the wow and flutter on the capstan drive for the 8-track module.......
    Ironfeathers and vferrari like this.

Charter Member
    us
    secondstar

Mar 2017
    Massachusetts
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox
    2567 times
    Metal Detecting
    I can confirm that 4 kHz is available as a single frequency on the Equinox 600.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1595792501.306660.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	402.9 KB 
ID:	1851830
    GoDeep likes this.

us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1817 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by secondstar View Post
    I can confirm that 4 kHz is available as a single frequency on the Equinox 600.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1595792501.306660.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	402.9 KB 
ID:	1851830
    Now go find some deep targets in Asia!
    secondstar likes this.

us
    Jul 2018
    Virginia, USA
    Whites 4900Di Tesoro Tejon Garrett AT Pro Nokta Fors CoRe Makro Racer 2 Nokta Simplex+ XP Deus Minelab NOX 600 Minelab GPX 4800
    35 times
    I installed 3.0 on my 600 and ran it in my yard and test garden today. Maybe the feds have upped their EMI since the last time I ran but I could not get multi-freq stable at 23 sens like I used to in 2.x. It does quiet down at around 20 but I was surprised how many times I ran the noise cancel it still came up with the same chattery number. I can confirm that 4 khz works well - and was very stable surprisingly considering my Deus hates 4 khz in my yard.

Park 2 is still a killer in the iron and I am getting good depth with Field 1 as before - so I guess that's good news. I just have to figure out what the deal is with the chatter now in multi.

Otherwise I did not notice anything 'new' when I scanned quickly through all the settings but I admittedly haven't read the new manual yet either! lol

us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1817 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by gravityboy View Post
    I installed 3.0 on my 600 and ran it in my yard and test garden today. Maybe the feds have upped their EMI since the last time I ran but I could not get multi-freq stable at 23 sens like I used to in 2.x. It does quiet down at around 20 but I was surprised how many times I ran the noise cancel it still came up with the same chattery number. I can confirm that 4 khz works well - and was very stable surprisingly considering my Deus hates 4 khz in my yard.

Park 2 is still a killer in the iron and I am getting good depth with Field 1 as before - so I guess that's good news. I just have to figure out what the deal is with the chatter now in multi.

Otherwise I did not notice anything 'new' when I scanned quickly through all the settings but I admittedly haven't read the new manual yet either! lol
    Odd... that sounds like the exact opposite of my initial experience with it. Mine seemed MUCH quieter.
    cudamark likes this.

us
    Mr.

Jan 2020
    Near Ann Arbor Michigan
    152 times
    Metal Detecting
    Ditto toasted.....

us
    Mr.

Jan 2020
    Near Ann Arbor Michigan
    152 times
    Metal Detecting
    And, I updated my 800 last night. Took it out. Did not notice any difference. Pretty sure the download went well. Read that discrimination for Iron was improved, first thing that it hit on was a nail....
    Jamest64
    Iffy Signals likes this.

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    4143 times
    Since lower frequencies are better on silver I think the 4KHz will make silver cherry picking even better. Iffy signals just posted a video of 4KHz in an 8" deep quarter in his test garden and it looks like the new frequency is the cat's meow on silver.
    Iffy Signals likes this.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

Jan 2017
    412 times
    On Mac make sure to open the "Minelab Update Utility Equinox " I tried twice to install from the "Update Utility 3" and got the up to date message.
    Iffy Signals likes this.

us
    Jan 2010
    Coloma, Michigan
    Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
    281 times
    I installed the 3.0 and straight to the park.I was using the 6” coil.
    It seamed my pin pointer was much better.
    I also had some deep faint signals that the multi would not give an TID but when I switched to 4khz it locked on TID so seeing I couldn’t get the TDI to show in multi I‘m wondering if the 4khz is working in multi.
    I’m wondering if others are having the same results.
    So far I’m happy with 3.0.
    mine seamed to lock on better in multi and in 4khz it seamed to lock on silver solid.
    I’m actually impressed.
    when you get a faint signal in multi one button push and bam it goes directly to the 4khz. It’s nice it dose that.

Doug
    Iffy Signals likes this.
    Coloma, Michigan, South West lower Michigan.Just east of St,
    Joseph Mi, 12 miles

Equinox 800 11, 6 coil
    Steveís Carbon fiber shaft with counter weight.
    Xterra 70

us
    Member of Northwest Treasure Hunters

Nov 2013
    Spokane Wa
    Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil Whites MX Sport With Detec
    2552 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    Sewer plates
    Your taking for granted that they have sewer systems.
    Here's a link to my finds

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gr...-pictures.html

Happy Hunting MackDog

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links