Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the middle of the DL , stops dead . It turned the machine off and it will not fire back up . Download failed contact ML support . Reset / nothing . I can hook up the charger and the green light blinks like it is in a race . Emailed ML support seeing its sunday . First hickup with the machine for me but it was the update not the machine / performance issue .
Try using the 2.0 update to go back and try the 3.0 again.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can not turn my machine on or I would .

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it’s detects larger targets, they should be signaled already being bigger correct, you need something that detects smaller targets deeper what frequency is that

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not turn my machine on or I would .

I heard of someone with the same problem during the V2 upgrade. IIRC, Minelab gave him set of directions and it got him back up and running. Unfortunately, I dont know what those directions are, but hopefully you'll get an answer soon.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I called customer support . Guy said little green lite blinks your still good . Use your other charging cable and give the download another go . With out the machine being on it started to download . After the download the machine powers on now . I feel like I just gave it another go and it worked and could have did it with out the phone call . First bad experience and I hope that was the end of that .

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called customer support . Guy said little green lite blinks your still good . Use your other charging cable and give the download another go . With out the machine being on it started to download . After the download the machine powers on now . I feel like I just gave it another go and it worked and could have did it with out the phone call . First bad experience and I hope that was the end of that .

At least it was an easy fix. Now go out and give it a go.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the middle of the DL , stops dead . It turned the machine off and it will not fire back up . Download failed contact ML support . Reset / nothing . I can hook up the charger and the green light blinks like it is in a race . Emailed ML support seeing its sunday . First hickup with the machine for me but it was the update not the machine / performance issue .

Sorry to hear that... hope it works out for you.

I don't have any idea why that happened, but one thing that everybody needs to keep in mind is to make sure your machine is charged up before updating. You would not want to run out of juice midstream.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I wanna know is what are the large deep objects in Asia

In case someone hasn't mentioned this yet, I heard there are "large deep targets" buried in the Philippines....8-)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case someone hasn't mentioned this yet, I heard there are "large deep targets" buried in the Philippines....8-)

Yep, and half the country has the map to them, which they will sell to you for a nominal price. And if you dont find it, it must have been moved, or just be another 100ft deeper.

Attakpilot

Aug 8, 2020
FL East Coast
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Pulsedive
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 4Khz does work better on silver but use caution as the 4khz will miss some of the gold targets you were getting in multi.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, you will be able to tell a difference. I'm still running 1.75 on my 800. The updates beyond that just have not been my cup of tea. It seemed to change the target ID to a point that I simply can't enjoy. I'm waiting for the "next update" after this latest one and will try it too. Who knows, maybe I will like it.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Oh, you will be able to tell a difference. I'm still running 1.75 on my 800. The updates beyond that just have not been my cup of tea. It seemed to change the target ID to a point that I simply can't enjoy. I'm waiting for the "next update" after this latest one and will try it too. Who knows, maybe I will like it.
If you bought one new that had all the updates you would just get use to the TDI. Just about everyone is happy with the update. Very few don’t but a lot of them were newbies.
Doug

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you bought one new that had all the updates you would just get use to the TDI. Just about everyone is happy with the update. Very few don’t but a lot of them were newbies.
Doug

I see what you did there sir. Most unkind.
I guess you are a "professional treasure hunter" or something.
I'm 49 and have been metal detecting off and on since I was 10 yrs old, hardly a newbie. Perhaps set in my ways, but not a newb.
You should not assume things without knowing.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
I see what you did there sir. Most unkind.
I guess you are a "professional treasure hunter" or something.
I'm 49 and have been metal detecting off and on since I was 10 yrs old, hardly a newbie. Perhaps set in my ways, but not a newb.
You should not assume things without knowing.
Never a professional. Been detecting 50 years. No offense. I’ve seen over the years where newbies that are trying to help others and they have given the wrong information to others and that makes it harder for those that are trying to learn. I’ve made that mistake myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread