Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see what you did there sir. Most unkind.
I guess you are a "professional treasure hunter" or something.
I'm 49 and have been metal detecting off and on since I was 10 yrs old, hardly a newbie. Perhaps set in my ways, but not a newb.
You should not assume things without knowing.

I didn't think he was being unkind in the least. First... I don't believe that the TDIs have changed at all, but even if they had... you learned them once when you first got your Equinox, you can learn them again. Second... you have been detecting long enough to know that the TDI doesn't really mean that much anyway... you go primarily by the sound, and if you're unsure, you're going to dig it just in case. Third, you've owned many machines in the time that you have been doing this and you had to go through a "getting used to it" period for every one.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you bought one new that had all the updates you would just get use to the TDI. Just about everyone is happy with the update. Very few don’t but a lot of them were newbies.
Doug

Not entirely true, in the first release the TID's were more consistent, but targets such as coins on edge were missed. The update fixed that but now TID's jump around a lot more. It's not that they changed, it's that they are less consistent in my case.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread