31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Installed mine today. Will test out next week to see if it helps in any way. Hope it won't break something that already works will which software updates have been known to do.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just tried the update and the utility said it was already up to date with 2.xxx. WTH?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"A new Single Frequency of 4 kHz has been added to the existing 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40 kHz options. This new 4 kHz frequency enhances the detection of large deep targets, particularly those found in parts of Asia. "

OK, guys... which one of you requested that feature? ;)

Seriously... does anybody know if they added 4kHz into the MultiQ mix? If so, that may make a big difference for silver vs bottlecap detection, I suspect.

> In addition to the 4 kHz upgrade feature, various stability enhancements have been included.

That sounds interesting, too.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"A new Single Frequency of 4 kHz has been added to the existing 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40 kHz options. This new 4 kHz frequency enhances the detection of large deep targets, particularly those found in parts of Asia. "

OK, guys... which one of you requested that feature? ;)

Seriously... does anybody know if they added 4kHz into the MultiQ mix? If so, that may make a big difference for silver vs bottlecap detection, I suspect.

> In addition to the 4 kHz upgrade feature, various stability enhancements have been included.

That sounds interesting, too.
It all sounds potentially useful. That's why I tried to update mine but it won't work for me. Anyone else?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It all sounds potentially useful. That's why I tried to update mine but it won't work for me. Anyone else?

I haven't tried yet. I'm letting you guys be the guinea pigs. But make sure you downloaded and are trying to install the correct package.

Edited to add: I just read the updating instructions and realized that it is supposed to grab the correct package for you. So ignore my statement above.

Last edited:

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried yet. I'm letting you guys be the guinea pigs. But make sure you downloaded and are trying to install the correct package.
I was using the ML update utility. It said I had v2.xxxx and was up to date. I didn't see any package to download except the utility. I never had a problem in the past.

Give it a try. If you don't like it you cam always go back.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my update went ok, and ran my 800 through the test garden and all seems to work, meaning the update didn't seem to break anything obvious. But too early to make any solid judgement on the update.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys I finally got it done. Apparently I got the wrong update utility not once but twice. Like they say, "third time's the charm".

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just tried the update and the utility said it was already up to date with 2.xxx. WTH?

What is the name of the file in your Downloads folder? (or whatever its called, if you're on a Mac). It should specify version 3 in the filename.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the name of the file in your Downloads folder? (or whatever its called, if you're on a Mac). It should specify version 3 in the filename.
It's the 3.0 version now and it worked. Obviously the first two were the 2.xx version.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Just for the 800 I’m guessing.???
The Minelab site doesn’t say anything.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
If that were to be true the that would prove the 600 was running 5 frequencies in multi and after the update multi would be 6 freq on the 600. That would be nice..
have to see if the 600 will take the update. I wish I had a place to do the update. Last time I had to go to a nearby town and use their computer for the update.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that were to be true the that would prove the 600 was running 5 frequencies in multi and after the update multi would be 6 freq on the 600. That would be nice..
have to see if the 600 will take the update. I wish I had a place to do the update. Last time I had to go to a nearby town and use their computer for the update.

The 600 was always using 5 frequencies in multi. It's just the 20khz and 40 khz single frequencies that the 600 didn't have. My understanding is that the new 4khz is just an additional single frequency, and not added to multi as a 6th..

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Wish Minelab would explain their upgrades better so we don’t have all the confusions.
And dose it do anything else in the update. It says for Asia so do we need to do the update on other parts of the world.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish Minelab would explain their upgrades better so we don’t have all the confusions.
And dose it do anything else in the update. It says for Asia so do we need to do the update on other parts of the world.
" In addition to the 4 kHz upgrade feature, various stability enhancements have been included. "

From the downloadable brochure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread