Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got to get out this house tomorrow my day off only day to metal detect hurricane coming are not directly toward New Orleans but will be on the east of it so there will be rain but that’s what I used to play in when I was a kid so I’m going metal detecting. My question is I want to start not using multi I need to get a opinion of what kMz to try Our soil over here is ground balance that zero and of course I’m looking for relics and coins. Also my question would be if I get off multi do the numbers change example 12/13 nickel? I’m going in to this positive because it’ll be the most comfortable I felt in a long time. With the heat we do have down here Most of my partners are waiting until winter whereas I can’t because I’m fully addicted. Any suggestions will help and bring on the rain. Thank you

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start out in Multi, when you find a target that deep and iffy switch to a differnt frequency, that'll help you with answering some of your questions, I personally have done this but not with any intent of getting familiar with single frequency, hope this helps ya a little...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the place has been hunted in the past try the highest frequency (single) you have. It works for me.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Start out in Multi, when you find a target that deep and iffy switch to a differnt frequency, that'll help you with answering some of your questions, I personally have done this but not with any intent of getting familiar with single frequency, hope this helps ya a little...

Excellent advice I needed that I appreciate you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread