Steve's Detector Rods

jasonw77

Dec 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there many other post I could have added this too, but I wanted to give Steve the credit he deserves.

I'm fairly new at metal detecting being i just purchased my very first detector (Equinox 800) about 4 months ago. I have put many hours into learning this machine to know I wasn't the biggest fan of the original shaft. I haven't had a lot of issues with it. But after maybe 20hrs into using it i noticed a slight wobble starting. I wasn't a huge but once you notice, you can't unotice it.

Further more, I have a bad shoulder from years of playing to hard. Which was also starting to bother me more on this new found love of mine. I was also interested in something that I could break down smaller for travel to the east coast.

Searching this awesome web forum I noticed a lot of people talking about carbon shafts from different makers and how they have helped. So i researched and discovered Steve's Detector Rods from many of you. I contacted Steve and immediately got a response back. We messaged back and fourth for a couple days and with help from Steve I decided to go with his 3 peice carbon fiber shaft with the 4" counter weight. Which he custom cut to fit my length that I use and it'll fit into a standard depth back pack.

Yesterday I finally received the new shaft, it was like Christmas for me (my wife sat and laughed as I was like a kid opening that first present). It's everything and more than I expected. The fit and finish is spotless. Absolutely zero flex or wobble anywhere through out the shaft. I was only able to get out last evening for about an hour and I will say the counter weight is a must. The nose heavy Equinox was gone and it swings smooth and balanced.

So for anyone looking for a carbon shaft l highly recommend contacting Steve and especially if your looking for one to travel with this new 3 peice shaft is amazing.

Jason Whitton 20200827_185411.jpg 20200827_185425.jpg 20200827_185411.jpg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Jason,
I have the same rod from Steve. It really makes a big difference in the balance. The Nox just seems to float over the ground/sand. I love the quality of Steve’s work and he is a good person and easy to talk to.
Thanks for showing us and best of luck out there.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jason,

WOW! I just saw your post; THANK YOU for the kind words! I am so glad you are happy with the shaft and counterweight! Feedback like this, from satisfied customers, is so great to hear! It's why I build these shafts -- to hopefully play some small part in making this hobby more enjoyable for my fellow detectorists!

Thank you!

Steve

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty and USMC Reaper -- thank you both very kindly for your words and support!

Steve

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve's Detector Rods upgrades the Equinox from a good steak to a prime cut. Yes, the Equinox is a fine machine, but the shaft leaves something to be desired. I now tell everyone who I know, to budget a little extra (in order to order Steve's after market shaft) if they are considering purchasing an Equinox. Steve will get a job offer from Minelab one day, if he already hasn't, mark my word!

JMac48

Dec 17, 2013
Steve’s is the best I have one for my AT pro and Nox, great guy to work with.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
secondstar and JMac48 -- thank you both for the kind words of support! Much appreciated!

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread