CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve owned my equinox for 18 months now. I finally made it to the ocean. I was worried how it would work because it’s very chatty in the cool blue waters of Lake Tahoe. The equinox worked perfectly in the water off Florida’s coast line. I had almost no feed back from it until I was over a target.

I ended up finding 2/925 a very corroded chain that must have been in the ocean for a long time and a fresh drop ring.

I’ve used my equinox in every type of environment possible from salt water beaches to Nevada’s gold fields. I’ve hunted in snow and rain and 100 degree deserts. I have to say the Equinox has been an absolutely great purchase!

633841A1-BD84-4D58-9146-678B048674C9.jpeg 70563026-089A-4FBA-82DA-D03F41285473.jpeg

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why your Nox is chatty in the lake. Is there a lot of RFI in that area? Mine has been much quieter than any other I've had in many different kinds of terrain. What mode are you using?

OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why your Nox is chatty in the lake. Is there a lot of RFI in that area? Mine has been much quieter than any other I've had in many different kinds of terrain. What mode are you using?

Tahoe has tons of black sand and the soil is mineralized. It doesn’t matter which program if you start getting into the black sand. Some areas overload it to the point it’s not usable. It doesn’t matter if you turn sensitivity down or raise the swing speed.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tahoe has tons of black sand and the soil is mineralized. It doesn’t matter which program if you start getting into the black sand. Some areas overload it to the point it’s not usable. It doesn’t matter if you turn sensitivity down or raise the swing speed.
Does GB help at all? I hope I don't get into that situation. The only place I've run into this kind of ground was in Alabama years ago. It was along a civil war rail spur that was built up with slag from a plant furnace. It was impossible use my old White's Classic.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve owned my equinox for 18 months now. I finally made it to the ocean. I was worried how it would work because it’s very chatty in the cool blue waters of Lake Tahoe. The equinox worked perfectly in the water off Florida’s coast line. I had almost no feed back from it until I was over a target.

I ended up finding 2/925 a very corroded chain that must have been in the ocean for a long time and a fresh drop ring.

I’ve used my equinox in every type of environment possible from salt water beaches to Nevada’s gold fields. I’ve hunted in snow and rain and 100 degree deserts. I have to say the Equinox has been an absolutely great purchase!

Areed! The Equinox 800 Is the most well rounded metal detector on the market right now. Outstanding machines!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread