Wireless earbuds or headphones that work with Nox

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Hello, all. I am looking for a cheaper alternative to the ml 80 headphones for my 600. I can't find the miccus sr 71 anywhere, and I would like to get something that will work for under 50 bucks. I dont want anything with lag, I have tried a few earbuds already and everyone I have tried has a lag, including anker soundcore liberty 2 that advertise aptx, but it isn't the low latency version I guess.

I have seen the trond over the ear headphones and might try them, but I would really like some earbuds that are aptx low latency 4.2. Is anyone using any brands they recommend? Again the cheaper the better.

Thanks...

A6gun

Nov 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use
soundcore life
Q20 with the WM08 Module

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah the adverts are worded to trick you. It must say aptx-ll or aptx low latency. If aptx and low latency terms aren't together then they aren't true aptx-ll. The Aukey B80's are awesome. I use them with the Nox and Vanquish in hot weather. You can catch them on sale from time to time if you are patient. Can't speak to over the ear headphones since I only use the ML-80's.

OP
OP
M

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Thanks, I will either get those or the Tronds most likely. One point that I just figured out, I have a set of old blackweb over the ear headphones that came with a Bluetooth transmitter that I bought at Wally World quite a few years ago, its marketed to be used to put into an aux input for the tv, etc. I turned them on and after awhile, the nox paired with it, it took a little longer than usual. It didn't have the plus beside of the bluetooth logo, but amazingly, they have very minimal lag, if any. They are cheap and I dont know how long they will hold up with their new found use, but it might at least hold me over until I get something better.

Heck I might even charge the transmitter, get me a 3.5 to 1/4 inch plug adapter, and try them on my etrac. 19.99 is what I paid for them back in the day.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the same pair when I first got my Nox. They weren't that bad actually. Maybe a half second delay. Can't say how tuff they would be because I gave them to my daughter when I bought the B80's.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aukey B-80's are a true low Latency APTX set that runs about $30 on fllee-bay, run time is about 6 hours. They have a great sound and volume.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone just posted the B80's are on sale at Amazon for $18 with coupon.

OP
OP
M

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Awesome, I just used it too. Thanks so much. Big difference in final price.

JMac48

Dec 17, 2013
In my experience I am having a terrible issue with my equinox. I have bought 4 different pairs of aftermarket headphones that people claim will work.......they don’t. Go buy yourself the minelab headphones. I even sent the machine in and the guy told me he was able to pair with no issues.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience I am having a terrible issue with my equinox. I have bought 4 different pairs of aftermarket headphones that people claim will work.......they don’t. Go buy yourself the minelab headphones. I even sent the machine in and the guy told me he was able to pair with no issues.

Able to pair what headphoes with no issue, the minelabs?

JMac48

Dec 17, 2013
So the guy at the repair center told me. Guess I’ll buy a 5th pair which is the ML80 like I should have done from the start.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think there is a widespread problem of companies updating their products with non compatible firmware in the last couple of years since the Equinox was released. The new Soundpeats Q12 model is just one example of several models that used to work, but newer bluetooth versions don't pair anymore. I think bluetooth 4.2 was the last version to consistently work with the Nox.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the guy at the repair center told me. Guess I’ll buy a 5th pair which is the ML80 like I should have done from the start.
The B-80s paired with my Nox 800 with no problems. I am upgraded to the latest firmware update.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Aukey pair up fine with my 600 my only complaint is even at max volume they are not very loud.

Oops. the volume control was way down on the earbuds so I stand corrected-they are at max super loud.

Last edited:

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They’re 39.99 still a good price.
You have to apply the coupon to get another 50% off. Screenshot_20201206-114908_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread