Equinox fast recovery

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I went to a place at a local high school where I have taken other detectors, and the spot I had tried to hunt in the past was so trashy or had too much emi that it was nearly impossible to hunt. I hadn't took the nox there yet, and I had just received my aukey wireless earbuds to try out, so I figured I would give it a try. I hunted about an hour, and I pulled out 46 coins, 18 of which were quarters. The nox 600 fast recovery cut through the junk and the emi didn't interfere with it at all. I was very impressed with it. Now I didnt find silver this day, but I have taken a dfx, and an etrac at this same spot, and didn't have that many coins to show for my time. I can see why people love this machine, as it is growing on me as well.

20201128_113930.jpg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the haul! That’s some fast digging to get that amount of coins in an hour.

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul, reminds me of a park amphitheater I hunted a few months back. They must have had a program where they were throwing quarters around because I dug 75 quarters in 2 hours. The equinox is amazing, if there is silver there your 600 will find it.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
I’ve always said and thought the raising the recover speed is better set lower. Most think a more higher number was better but I’m the opposite on that one. I rarely raise mine up. I want to hold onto the target longer. But doing that I have to swing slower. Same goes for sensitivity. A high sensitivity in a trashy are to me makes no sense.
Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread