Hey guys I need to know if y’all like the new update?

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problems with the update. It seems to be less chatty in certain areas.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using it with no problems. I think the target VDI ID has improved. I found a deep 1911 Barber dime last weekend at a ghost town loaded with iron trash. I did notice one thing though, my last charge took a long time. Not sure what's up with that yet.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a video and it wasn’t too good with the latest update it’s the pink corner was off and the depth was off. I’m just asking is it worth updated or or would you not?

The "pink corner" was off? What does that mean? Are you using voice recognition? (did you mean pinpointer?) BTW are you referring to the latest update 3.0 (not so new anymore as it was released last July). Just wanted to make sure.

Anyway, I have stated it before, I have no issues with latest 3.0 update. Like having the 4 khz option. Some people seem to have an issue with it but I am not having the same issues as some have described. Overall, I am hearing more people liking it than rolling back. The beauty is you can install it and if you don't like it roll it back to your favorite previous version so there is no risk in trying it out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "pink corner" was off? What does that mean? Are you using voice recognition? (did you mean pinpointer?) BTW are you referring to the latest update 3.0 (not so new anymore as it was released last July). Just wanted to make sure.

Anyway, I have stated it before, I have no issues with latest 3.0 update. Like having the 4 khz option. Some people seem to have an issue with it but I am not having the same issues as some have described. Overall, I am hearing more people liking it than rolling back. The beauty is you can install it and if you don't like it roll it back to your favorite previous version so there is no risk in trying it out.

Hey vferrari I appreciate all y’all‘s comments and yes I was talking about the latest program. What would be the advantage of the 4 kHz than the 5 kHz?

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As Vferrari said, you can roll back to any version you want so no harm in trying. 4khz in my experience is more stable than 5khz and really smacks the deep coins. 5khz is very susceptible to EMI. I can hunt close to power lines with 4khz but not 5khz. The only down side is the 4khz single frequency has no iron bias, so it will sound good on big iron and rusty nail halos.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey vferrari I appreciate all y’all‘s comments and yes I was talking about the latest program. What would be the advantage of the 4 kHz than the 5 kHz?

What 67GTA said above. I prefer 4 khz to 5 khz and even multi if I am going for deep high conductors in mild soil and low iron junk.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've installed all the updates since the beginning. Each one has been an improvement on my machine. :icon_thumright:

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 + Garrett Pro-Pointer AP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm using it with no problems. I think the target VDI ID has improved. I found a deep 1911 Barber dime last weekend at a ghost town loaded with iron trash. I did notice one thing though, my last charge took a long time. Not sure what's up with that yet.

I noticed the longer charging time as well.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
The 3.0 is a stand alone update. When operating the detector you have to go to the update and everything else is normal.
you have to go to F2.
you have to go to 4 khz to use it.
4 khz is a stand alone and is not in multi.
pinpoint hasn’t changes it was never really good. Only thing is it under the coil close to center.
Nothing has changed in normal operation of the detector.
So there is no reason not to update.
Doug

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 3.0 is a stand alone update. When operating the detector you have to go to the update and everything else is normal.
you have to go to F2.
you have to go to 4 khz to use it.
4 khz is a stand alone and is not in multi.
pinpoint hasn’t changes it was never really good. Only thing is it under the coil close to center.
Nothing has changed in normal operation of the detector.
So there is no reason not to update.
Doug

I appreciate Donut and I agree the pinpoint on the 800 sucks, but boy it’s sniffs out small silver. What’s the advantage to 3.0?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pin point feature works great on my 800, when it works. I still have to push the button twice on mine to get it working properly, but, when it does, it's very accurate. Version 3 will give you the added single 4khz setting for deep silver and/or the ability to hunt a high EMI site that is giving you fits with other frequencies. I also find 3.11 as being a bit more stable and having a little better TID at depth. The F2 iron bias settings are very much an improvement in ID'ing bottle caps over the old FE settings. You can toggle between the two should you want to hear more "good" iron sounds.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Hears how I use my 4 khz.
I never run 4khz when normal detecting.
If I get a good high tone faint signal with no TID I switch to 4khz and if I still get it and with a TDI I dig.
But that’s just my way.
Doug

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pin point feature works great on my 800, when it works. I still have to push the button twice on mine to get it working properly, but, when it does, it's very accurate. Version 3 will give you the added single 4khz setting for deep silver and/or the ability to hunt a high EMI site that is giving you fits with other frequencies. I also find 3.11 as being a bit more stable and having a little better TID at depth. The F2 iron bias settings are very much an improvement in ID'ing bottle caps over the old FE settings. You can toggle between the two should you want to hear more "good" iron sounds.

Hey cuda that sounds good I’ll put it on my machine and I’m going metal detecting tomorrow with my partner Possum. I like what I’m hearing since I have dog plenty rusty gold at the spot any and tomahawks, 1800 Padlocks,Vintage irons and at 8 pound cannonball. The 800 hits deep and is also great with small silver like the Trime and half dimes IMG_0738.jpg
IMG_0737.jpg

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look fella's, I'm sure it's just me, but I finally added the 4Khz to the 800, why only now? well, what's the big difference between the 4 & 5 Khz. Just one silly little Khz., no big deal, since I never really go into a single Freq. anymore right? A few days ago I added it, and again it MUST be just me but it SEEMS to sound off a little louder and SEEMS a little deeper and even SEEMS a little more sensitive in some things while I'm detecting in MULTI-Freq. as always. I don't know, can't explain it, and probably would not understand it if were explained to me. It probably IS all in my head. and if it is? Well O.K., I can be good with that. I'm going to leave it as is. Not always easy being me, I'll tell you what

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It definitely stabilizes better. I'm can run it in 24 sensitivity and it’s stabil. Before was lucky to get 22.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions