Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Vferrari wrote: "I really see these single frequency modes as a means to interrogate an iffy signal you discover in multi to try to coax a stronger signal by going to single frequency if the TID indicates the target may be silver, for example rather than being used as a full up search frequency."

He hit the bullseye in my view and that's exactly how I use 4kHz on our Florida beaches. I routinely run multi in Beach 1 or 2 and switch to 4kHz only "...to try to coax a stronger signal..." on those deeper targets.

Just the shared view from OUR foxhole...:icon_thumright:

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I previously mentioned 4kHz is noisy for me at the few sites I tried it when it first came out. I used it again yesterday at a new site and it was as quiet as 5kHz. I still have to double check in multi. Happy New Year!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting with the safari, a multi frequency machine, I learned to toggle between modes on those signals that you're about to walk away from. Since then I run in multifrequency but will switch modes, often to single frequency as I am swinging on the target to see how it changes. Just one more tool in the arsenal. This also allows you to figure out if a certain mode will help clean up signals in a certain spot given conditions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread