cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold can ring up anywhere on the scale depending on it's size, shape, and alloy.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I have found over 3 dozen gold rings split up between foil, nickels, tabs and lower zinc.
Broken or cracked rings of any kind will come in lower than the exact same ring that is a complete circle, just a effect we see due to different Eddy currents they will emit that rule all in this hobby.
White gold can sometimes come in way, way lower than even larger yellow gold identical rings depending on the alloys.
I use three detectors, one that is an Equinox, that will up-average many targets, including gold, if they are in the vicinity of any iron.

Don't assume...never assume when it comes to gold.

Last edited:

JMac48

Dec 17, 2013
I’ve taken my wife’s 14k white gold wedding ring and it will hit solid 10 all day on the Nox. Haven’t got gold in a while but soon I’ll clean up all the foil lol.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only found two gold bands, both rang up as zincolns 20/21. People say gold rings up nickel-low. I understand the detector will raise the number on coin-shaped items but that much? Happy New Year!

It can up-average ANY non-ferrous target ID round or otherwise, especially in the presence of ferrous or other junk. Single frequency operation is also notorious for up averaging.

But as Cuda said, gold can ring up practically anywhere due to the variables involved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread