Sep 16, 2013
FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For two months I have been running the15 inch coil the last 2 months and I must say I love it. Before I got it I was worried that pinpointing the target to not dig a huge plug or be off and dig a huge hole, but the worries were unfounded, it pinpoints the target really good. I love this coil.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For two months I have been running the15 inch coil the last 2 months and I must say I love it. Before I got it I was worried that pinpointing the target to not dig a huge plug or be off and dig a huge hole, but the worries were unfounded, it pinpoints the target really good. I love this coil.

What kind of conditions are you using the coil in?

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive used mine almost entirely for a year and love it. Pulled half dimes and fish scales from 8"

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use the 15 inch on the beach and pinpoint with the front of the coil, works well for me. In trashy parks I use my 6 inch coil, I seldom use the 11 inch at all.

OP
OP
Randy Combs

Randy Combs

Sep 16, 2013
FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of conditions are you using the coil in?
I mostly hunt permissions in peoples yards, sometimes parks and schools. We were out yesterday 47 degrees chilly and windy, also a few weeks ago when it was 75.

OP
OP
Randy Combs

Randy Combs

Sep 16, 2013
FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too prefer the 15 to the stock 11 inch coil

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That 15 inch is crazy Iā€™ll use it when thereā€™s not much trash when thereā€™s some trash Iā€™ll use my factory coil and for lots of trash over deep targets all use my six-inch IMG_0737.jpg
IMG_0724.jpg
IMG_0696.jpg
8 pound French cannon ball from early 1700s near a fort in New Orleans which had never had a skirmish. So one day I put myself in the soldiers shoes they were basically kids with nothing to do so I said what I would do is fire off a cannon ball over the bayou And Iā€™ll be damned if I didnā€™t find one. The 15 is a total beast I also found a iron that was all intact which was every bit of a foot and a half down. All my half dimes came from the 6 inch coil so Iā€™m happy to hear that the 15 inch will get that little silver.

Attachments

• IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 46

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you can use the 15 inch coil in trashy areas, it will read the center target

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread