Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 800 love her to death and then one day it was completely charged out like it wasn’t even showing anything so I checked all my chargers Wall sockets even tried to do it in the truck nothing happened. So I figured I’m going to have to mail it in and I asked my best bud Possum if I could use his 800 since he’s been practicing on his Deus. Well I used 800 and everything went well until I tried to charge it back up and the same thing happened it was completely drained. Now either my house is haunted or this is a huge huge coincidence I don’t know what to say. Has anyone had this problem with their headphones?

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, my headphones failed to charge a while back. I sent them in and they replaced them.

Is this with the headphones or the detector itself? I'm a little confused. Is it happening with 2 different units? Have you checked your charge cable?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, my headphones failed to charge a while back. I sent them in and they replaced them.

Is this with the headphones or the detector itself? I'm a little confused. Is it happening with 2 different units? Have you checked your charge cable?

I was sending my charger that plugs into the wall into the 800 it was split at the point of the magnets and it sparked and it wasn’t charging right. So I asked my buddy Possum if I could Use his charger and he said just use the whole charger sense I glued my headphones back together and I guess he figured just get it all done at once. So I’m out of the tech did with his 800 and I’d be damned that his earphones were totally uncharged Would remain on charged and every socket every plug that I’ve charged my detectors with for five years years. Either this is a huge coincidence or I better go buy a lottery ticket

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was sending my charger that plugs into the wall into the 800 it was split at the point of the magnets and it sparked and it wasn’t charging right. So I asked my buddy Possum if I could Use his charger and he said just use the whole charger sense I glued my headphones back together and I guess he figured just get it all done at once. So I’m out of the tech did with his 800 and I’d be damned that his earphones were totally uncharged Would remain on charged and every socket every plug that I’ve charged my detectors with for five years years. Either this is a huge coincidence or I better go buy a lottery ticket
That does sound strange that 2 pair had the same problem.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
try charging at another building? Maybe the ground is not connected or something in your house?

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

It's with the Headphones, both just up and quit charging. Tried using my brand new charger and cable from my new 800 and it still wouldn't charge either headsets, which my headsets are brand new :icon_scratch:... "D"

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reset the headphones by holding the power button. Are you guys sure they are not charging? The charge indicator is on the earcup opposite of the one you plug the charger cord into.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reset the headphones by holding the power button. Are you guys sure they are not charging? The charge indicator is on the earcup opposite of the one you plug the charger cord into.
Mine would not charge and would not turn on at all. I had to send them in for warranty. They just replaced them after a 3 week wait.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bayoutalker, with the mail service the way it is you're doing good at three weeks.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bayoutalker, with the mail service the way it is you're doing good at three weeks.
That's how long it took to get one sent out after they received mine. Not including shipping time. And that was after 3 phone calls. They didn't repair it, just replaced it. That's what they said they do with headphones.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine would not charge and would not turn on at all. I had to send them in for warranty. They just replaced them after a 3 week wait.

I know my comment is directed to Truth and Possum. It is just weird to have both of them all of a sudden have issues charging their phones unless Truth broke the charger jack or something. You know he doesn't know his own strength...

Last edited:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

VF, I don't have the headsets with me, I loaned them to Truth and he say's no lights come on the headsets at all... "D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread