bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the small 6" coil my EQ600, great for dense woods and up close to cellar holes. I keep feeling like i'm missing something in the settings. Anyone have suggestions, should I be running hi sensitivity or low?

Typically I'm in Park 1, ground balance on clean soil, noise cancel, sensitivity 19 - 22 ish, FE2 usually a 2. Am I running my FE2 setting too high?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the small 6" coil my EQ600, great for dense woods and up close to cellar holes. I keep feeling like i'm missing something in the settings. Anyone have suggestions, should I be running hi sensitivity or low?

Typically I'm in Park 1, ground balance on clean soil, noise cancel, sensitivity 19 - 22 ish, FE2 usually a 2. Am I running my FE2 setting too high?

Why do you think you are missing something? What are you primarily after silver high conductors (Park 1 is a good choice) or mid conductive coins (nickel/gold) or relics (brass/lead) (Field 2 or Park 2 is a better choice)? If you don't have a specific objective, then Park 1 is a great all around mode choice? If you are encountering a lot of falsing iron then up your iron bias, if not, keep it middle of the road like you have - although I personally think Minelab improved iron bias with the F2 filter introduced with the Version 2 software upgrade. It appears to better reduce ferrous falsing on nails and does not seem to cause significant masking which is the main drawback to using the iron bias filter. If you really want to "see" the ground better - try running with no disc (horseshoe button) but lower the ferrous tone volume. Running with no disc tends to cause iffy signals to clip less. Run sensitivity as high as you can while still remaining stable to maximize depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread