cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the iron bias setting on the Equinox? Using a 6" coil on the Nox would probably improve it's performance in your test too, or at least put the round coil on the Deus to more closely match the Nox. The smaller the coil, the better separation you'll have in areas with lots of targets. Elliptical and round will have different results too, as well as concentric and double D designs.

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the iron bias setting on the Equinox? Using a 6" coil on the Nox would probably improve it's performance in your test too, or at least put the round coil on the Deus to more closely match the Nox. The smaller the coil, the better separation you'll have in areas with lots of targets. Elliptical and round will have different results too, as well as concentric and double D designs.

Iron bias was at 0.

I have done testing in the past with the 6” coil for the Nox and got no better performance (including separation) than the stock coil. I didn’t video the test because Calabash Digger put out a test video showing the same conclusion a few years ago. But the 6” coil is easier to use in tight places. I am very impressed with the equinox’s performance. It loses a little precision and sensitivity to the Deus but gains depth over the Deus. It’s very close. But you are right. I will test the high frequency round coil with the Deus next video.

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are really comparing apples to oranges there. Why would anyone use the elliptical coil it’s for mining gold in the hills or the plains of Africa not really for everyday huntin? Try the X35 9” to do a fair comparison at the very least. Gold signals snap loudly on the Deus equipped with the proper coils. I have found many gold rings especially In fresh water with the X35. The Nox’s flutey tooty noises it makes are a hinderance to finding gold IMHO.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Nice test. But it is not a true test. First a lot depends on the recovery rate on the Nox.
Second you can’t compare a basket ball with a football. An elliptic is so much different than a round coil.
The 6” would have been s better closer choice .. But the new one that is coming out that is a 5 x 10 DD will blow it away.
Doug

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How's bout the next video take the Nox and the Deus to a beach and compare them in the black wet sand?

Matt

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How's bout the next video take the Nox and the Deus to a beach and compare them in the black wet sand?

Matt

Nox destroys the Deus at the beach. Even the HF Elliptical coil (extremely stable) has issues at the beach and at low sensitivity as well. I did that test a few years ago. That is why you see me always using the Nox on the beach in my videos. Best overall beach detector at this time IMO.

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Matt

Then take the Nox and Deus into the water of a freshwater beach and see who vacuums up all the Gold. LOL 😆.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions