Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another test garden video where I select a single frequency that is close to the same for all the coils to test against a low conductive button and a mid conductive button next to iron nails. Also talk about and show a comparison between single frequency and multi frequency on the Equinox. For the Equinox I use the stock 11" coil and for the Deus I use the HF Elliptical, HF Round and x35 9" coils. I was a little shocked how different the test results were between the single frequency at 20 kHz and Multi Frequency on the Equinox.

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wouldn't it be a massive draw back to have to choose a specific coil for every site or even multiple coils within the same site? Also, the cost/return on all those coils.
Disclaimer- I didn't watch the vid. 30min is a bit much for me to give to this, although I appreciate your work for those who have the time.

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing ground breaking or new to most experienced users, but there is a part of the video where I change frequencies on the NOX from single frequency 20kHz to Multi Frequency and it was eye opening for me.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really need to 86 that music. It's distracting and makes it hard to hear the sounds of the detectors. I realize that it's hard to do an exact comparison between machines, with all the different settings and coils, but, it still feels like apples and oranges at times. I'd also like to see some normal hunting swings and not just the mini-sweeps during an analysis of the target. In an area with lots of iron you need to see if you get a sound that stops you in your tracks to further analyze. I can't remember if you had the Equinox with iron sounds on or not (and not just a null), but, with them on, it helps IMO. I also swear by 50 tones when it comes to determining whether to dig a target or not. To me there is just more audio info with 50 tones over 2 tone, or even 5 tone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions