CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering what your go to mode is and why?

I typically run field 2. If I've pounded an area with field 2 I will switch to field 1. Both field modes run more quietly than Park 1&2 in square nail infested ground.

Field 2 has less falsing on square nails than field 1 but field 1 tends to squeak out a few more items after I've run field 2.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on where I'm hunting and what I'm trying to find. In my area Park 1 seems the most stable and has the best depth. In the ocean, Beach 2 is the best.

Hddeuce03

Jul 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On land, always Park 1. At the beach, generally beach 2 unless I'm only hunting dry sand, then beach 1. For me, Park 1 is the most quiet and deep on land, and at the beach, beach 2 is the most quiet and best since I normally go into the water 99% of the time.

Saker

Jan 12, 2021
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CTX3030, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Field 1 is usually where I start. I'll adjust recovery speed and/or iron bias F2 depending on site conditions. I'll even bump sensitivity up as long as it stays stable. Seems to hit very deep. I mostly hunt fields, woods, and old cellar holes so this is what seems to work best for me. I'd probably give one of the park modes a try if I got into an area with more modern trash.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering what your go to mode is and why?

I typically run field 2. If I've pounded an area with field 2 I will switch to field 1. Both field modes run more quietly than Park 1&2 in square nail infested ground.

Field 2 has less falsing on square nails than field 1 but field 1 tends to squeak out a few more items after I've run field 2.

I run the same way Carson, pretty much the only thing I change is coil size, 11 or 6"

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super trashy park = park 1 sensitivity = 10-12, ron bias fe1 & fe2 ALWAYS at zero.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Park 1 with changes to the settings to fit the conditions. Why Park 1? Because it works, and because I would rather be an expert on one setting rather than having to adjust my ear all the time to suit other programs. On the rare occasion that I have switched to other programs, I still switched to the 5 tones that I know and love.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Park 1 with changes to the settings to fit the conditions. Why Park 1? Because it works, and because I would rather be an expert on one setting rather than having to adjust my ear all the time to suit other programs. On the rare occasion that I have switched to other programs, I still switched to the 5 tones that I know and love.

Yup, me too, Park1 , Trashy Park = sensitivity 10-12 recpvery 5-6, ZERO iron bias, in any mode, EVER.

Natt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread