31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab phone numbers

630-401-8159
877-767-6522
888-949-6522
630-401-8150

I keep at it until someone picks up, I usually can get someone if I keep going thru the rotation a few times.

Dan

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab phone numbers

630-401-8159
877-767-6522
888-949-6522
630-401-8150

I keep at it until someone picks up, I usually can get someone if I keep going thru the rotation a few times.

Dan
That's what I do too. I've had no luck leaving messages.

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 + Garrett Pro-Pointer AP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Equinox 600 broke last week. I left a message and emailed a few days ago and I'm not getting a response from Minelab either.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same type of problem with Minelab a year ago. I broke my detector (not their fault!), but getting through to them was an exercise in frustration. I finally got things resolved but it was an absolute fiasco dealing with them. I have heard good things about their customer service, but that certainly wasn't my experience when I needed service. I have found that the pandemic also seems to give some companies an excuse for terrible customer service. I hope that isn't the case for Minelab. Good luck!!!

OP
OP
MKW

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab phone numbers

630-401-8159
877-767-6522
888-949-6522
630-401-8150

Dan

Thanks. I'll keep trying.

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any luck? I’ve been calling all four numbers, leaving messages, and emailing since Monday. This is the most horrible customer service (or lack of) I’ve ever dealt with.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any luck? I’ve been calling all four numbers, leaving messages, and emailing since Monday. This is the most horrible customer service (or lack of) I’ve ever dealt with.

Check your PM...

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep hearing that ML is renowned for having the greatest customer service in the industry, appears to be a little doubt about that contention for the moment, to say the least.
I sent back a flawed machine [Vanquish] at my expense of course, got it back weeks later, detailing everything they did to it, and still has the same flaw [pretty big flaw too, it won't stay turned on] So now I am left with the choice to pony up another $40 for shipping and throw the dice again, or just cut my losses and throw it in the trash.

OP
OP
MKW

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. I tried calling all 4 numbers for a while today with no answer on any. I'm getting really frustrated with this. It's a shame cause I love the machine, but at the moment, it doesn't work and there doesn't seem to be anyone that will answer the phone or give a call-back to messages left. Very poor customer service from a company that I have always heard had great customer service. Time for a Deus, I guess.

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got a return call from them! I'll be shipping my machine in today and I was told it may take up to 20 business days for it to be shipped back. Oh well...Just hope they get it taken care of!

OP
OP
MKW

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I finally got through to them yesterday by calling and calling and calling. I was told 10-14 days repair time. This whole experience has been unacceptable, so far. If I didn't love the machine so much, I'd tell them to keep it and never buy another Minelab product, but I can't give it up yet.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I finally got through to them yesterday by calling and calling and calling. I was told 10-14 days repair time. This whole experience has been unacceptable, so far. If I didn't love the machine so much, I'd tell them to keep it and never buy another Minelab product, but I can't give it up yet.

This is sounding like "the old days" with Minelab service. You know, those troubled times when they dropped the ball a lot and felt like they were doing you a favor by speaking to you.
I guess they have received the amount of market share they wanted, and getting a bit arrogant again. That is one theory.

The other theory is that these Equinox machines are breaking left and right, not holding up and they are way behind.

Now I know what some of you are going to start spouting off "oh it's because of supply shortages" or "The pandemic is causing these problems" or "Aliens from outer space are using Minelab detectors on Mars"...
The last one was meant for laughter of course.

Bottom line, I own an Equinox myself and think a lot of it. It would be most unpleasant to call for days trying to get an answer on a service call. It would also be unpleasant to pay the shipping back to them under warranty. And even more would be waiting a potential 2+ weeks.

It does appear they are slipping again. Now how low is yet to be seen.

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the update, hope they take care of ya. These posts make me want to buy another 800 for back up

OP
OP
MKW

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update, hope they take care of ya. These posts make me want to buy another 800 for back up

Yeah, I'm really glad to have a Vanquish 540 as a back-up. At least I can still hunt. It will end up being, at least, 4 weeks without the Equinox. Really sucks.

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Despite the absolute nightmare of getting ahold of Minelab, the warranty replacement was flawless & WAY faster than I ever imagined. I cracked my Nox 600 unit between the handle and control module and they replaced it no questions asked with a brand new one. Once I shipped it out I had it back in two days. Keep in mind, I only live a two hour drive from the repair center so I'm sure this helped. Very happy with the entire experience other than it taking so long for Minelab to return my daily calls for a week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MKW

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
21 days at the repair shop and still no word on when it's coming back.

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Minelab said 10-14 days and it’s been 23, not impressed. Let us know when you get it back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread