All Treasure Hunting

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt, don’t you have one of those coil ear stiffeners? The ears broke regardless?

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt, don’t you have one of those coil ear stiffeners? The ears broke regardless?
Now, this sounds REALLY stupid, but i am probably the only person in the world to break a coil ear while fitting Detect ED Coil Savers!!

I took off the red coul stuffner and thought " hmm, i wonder what it will be like if i double up on the COIL SAVER tear drop washers and use it without the red coil stiffner?".

Basically I was rushing and made the COILSAVERZ washers too thick and kinda foeced the shaft into the coil to match the hole to put the coil bolt through and heard a rather loyd CRACK noise!

Yup, trying to be a clever IDIOT and zero patience broke one of the ears!!

100% unuseable without the coil stiffner.

BUT...what i did find out is the coil stiffners do 109% work because i then put the stiffner over tge coil ears and tightend up the bolt and zero wobble 100% perfect.

So I can tell you all that 100?% the actual hard plastic stiffnets that go over your coil ears 1 Zillion % WORk and will, for a FACT prevent you from breaking the ears.

I was a complete plonker and rushed and totalky in toal embarrassment, broke it.

Anyway new coil arrived with new washers and new coil bolt ...took my time and everything is bomb proof now.

Matt. 20200520_193707.jpg 1.jpg 20200520_193807.jpg 20200520_193757.jpg

Last edited:

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[emoji23] we’re all human, lesson learned

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yeah..i was one of the ones saying to other people...?"coil ears don't break, people break coil ears" lol.

100% lesson loearned[emoji18][emoji12]

Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread