Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know what the yellow wire on the battery is for? I can find an equivalent specs 26650 battery but it only has two leads.

26650.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect it is a temp, voltage, or current sensor that is used by an onboard intelligent charge controller to prevent overcharging or excessive current drain. Is your battery defective or dead? If so, did you attempt to get it replaced under warranty? Otherwise, I would contact ML Support directly for the equivalent battery model number so you can get an exact replacemnt.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What V said. Otherwise you could in theory destroy the electronics in the machine.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The is an electronic circuit board under the black cap. I could not find a replacement available in the US. The manufacturer of the package wanted to know how many 100s of the cell I wanted. They do not sell individual units. That leaves us going to Minelab repair at this time.
The manufacturer's website is: minmaxenergy.com

OP
OP
D

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the answers. Seems Minelab is the way to go. 650 bucks is too much to kick myself over.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Just curious why do you say the one you have is bad.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious why do you say the one you have is bad.

And not covered under warranty? You (danloop) have yet to explain why you were asking the question the first place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread