MineLab 800 Made in China or Asia???

johnnytuinals

Sep 24, 2018
POCONOS
Detector(s) used
1985 Bounty Hunter RB10,1991 Garrett Master Hunter CX3,2016 Whites V3i and a 2021 MineLab800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello allll
I see that Whites and Garetts are all made in the USA.
Just wondering I am New to the MineLabs and looking at the MineLab 800 New for $804 at a dealership in Texas that give 15% off if you were in the military.
Just wannaaa know most companies have some or all parts made in China.
Just would like to know if any Parts are made in China?orrrr where are these detectors made?
I know LazyBoy makes their Sofas and Chairs in the USA but they get all the material from China.
Just want a machine that's NOT made in any part of Asia.....JT

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Malaysia (Asia) was the last I heard. I don't think that has changed. It's somewhere here on the website.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All Minelabs are made in Malaysia now, Whites aren't made anywhere now, they went out of business. Garrett's are assembled in US, but most of the electronic components are sourced from Asia.

OP
OP
J

johnnytuinals

Sep 24, 2018
POCONOS
Detector(s) used
1985 Bounty Hunter RB10,1991 Garrett Master Hunter CX3,2016 Whites V3i and a 2021 MineLab800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know whites has sold their business to Garretts and Thought everything was built in the USA from Whites.
As for Garretts I always thought all parts were made in the States butttt they are making cheaper stuff
nowadays and think many of the parts are coming out of Asia nowadayssss.
As for MineLab 800 I thought they were built overseas buttttt Not in Asia butttt I guess I am wrong.
Just hate buying things nowadays and everything is made CHEAP and in China.
I guess there is nothing built in the states anymore,Even First Texas might be also built overseas........JT

OP
OP
J

johnnytuinals

Sep 24, 2018
POCONOS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my 1991 Garrett Grand Master CX3 on CL looking to get rid of.
I only used it once and felt why not upgrade and maybe after 30 years I will start using it lol.
And thinking of going with the MineLab 800 with 15% off at a Detector Store in Texas(and No tax and free delivery}
Seems like the detectors are a lot better then the once made in the 1990s???
I am thinking I should use the CX3 butttt for $800 maybe its best to upgrade to a MineLab800....JT

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree, but we were all younger then also! My old White's Coinmaster seemed light as a feather. I wish I had one to compare to my ML 880.
me too, but you really new they were made of metal after about 1.5 hours of swinging. The batteries were not light either.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know whites has sold their business to Garretts and Thought everything was built in the USA from Whites.
As for Garretts I always thought all parts were made in the States butttt they are making cheaper stuff
nowadays and think many of the parts are coming out of Asia nowadayssss.
As for MineLab 800 I thought they were built overseas buttttt Not in Asia butttt I guess I am wrong.
Just hate buying things nowadays and everything is made CHEAP and in China.
I guess there is nothing built in the states anymore,Even First Texas might be also built overseas........JT

Minelab is an American company and the detectors are made to their specifications and standards. I don't care if my detector is made in Siberia as long as it is well made. Like it or not, we are in a world economy these days and there aren't many things you can find that are 100% built in the good old US of A. Even if they seem to be, is the plastic, for example, made in the USA? The copper wire? The chips and circuit board?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is an American company and the detectors are made to their specifications and standards. I don't care if my detector is made in Siberia as long as it is well made. Like it or not, we are in a world economy these days and there aren't many things you can find that are 100% built in the good old US of A. Even if they seem to be, is the plastic, for example, made in the USA? The copper wire? The chips and circuit board?

Just FYI. Minelab isn't an American company, they are an Australian company.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All Minelabs are made in Malaysia now, Whites aren't made anywhere now, they went out of business. Garrett's are assembled in US, but most of the electronic components are sourced from Asia.
Good post!

langsy

Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello allll
I see that Whites and Garetts are all made in the USA.
Just wondering I am New to the MineLabs and looking at the MineLab 800 New for $804 at a dealership in Texas that give 15% off if you were in the military.
Just wannaaa know most companies have some or all parts made in China.
Just would like to know if any Parts are made in China?orrrr where are these detectors made?
I know LazyBoy makes their Sofas and Chairs in the USA but they get all the material from China.
Just want a machine that's NOT made in any part of Asia.....JT
The first original plant Australia

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"All Minelabs are made in Malaysia now"

Is this still true today?
Yes, Minelab moved their detector production to Malaysia, manufacturing is done by Plexus a US company that has manufacturing plants in Malaysia.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, please remember no politics.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, Minelab moved their detector production to Malaysia, manufacturing is done by Plexus a US company that has manufacturing plants in Malaysia.

So now you can buy a Minelab and know that a little bit of that money trickles back to the US?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions