Coiltek 10x5 coil cover falling off.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I have question for the people who got the Coiltek 10x5 coil for the Equinox. I just received my Coiltek 10x5 coil & I notice the coil cover doesn't snap on the coil like the stock coil cover does & it falls off the coil. Has anybody else that has this coil have this issue. I seen somebody else who did a review on the coil have the same issue. It's nothing a couple zip ties can't fix. Just wondering if it's a design flaw or if a bad batch of loose fitting coils covers got out. Thanks Ed

Last edited:

Sandcrab

Jun 14, 2021
Oceanside CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Coiltek 10x5 and 15, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just checked mine and it seems to be secured fairly well. I think I could pull it off but it's a long way from falling off.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two pieces of scotch tape will fix that:occasion14:

OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent Coiltek a email about my issue with the skid plate and just got a reply back that there going to send me a new skid plate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received my new coil cover From Coiltek. The new cover fits the same as the old cover. I got a elastic ban from Coiltek to put to put over the coil cover & coil to keep it from coming off. If I decide to take it in the water I will put zip ties on to keep from losing the cover. Other than that I like this coil and it will be staying on the Equinox.

Last edited:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Ed. Just got mine today and check for tightness. Pretty good, won't fall off or pull off too easily. But not as tight as the stock coil on my 800 which can be a b**ch to get off sometimes. Maybe Coiltek fixed the problem.

OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using the coil on land won't be a issue as far as loosing the cover. For anybody that decide to go in the water I recommend putting zip ties coil & cover so the cover doesn't come off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread