dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
Been having a blast getting time on the Nox 800, appreciate the helpful tips from you guys! Im also a long time Andy Sabisch fan and follower, been using a variation of his coin program on sites where it makes sense.

Just an fyi, i chose to accept 39-40, im guessing he does this to notch out cans and other big objects and it kinda makes sense.. but pulled deep big silver that gave a constant 39 because of the angle and depth so i surely would have missed it had i followed.. yes you'll dig more junk but also risk losing deep big silver.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/659266-4th-hunt-nox-800-bucket-list-big-silver.html

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you really want to understand your 800 get Clive Clynick's 3 books on the Equinox. Andy's books are more polished, but Clive's has more useful information instead of big pictures.

Sandcrab

Jun 14, 2021
Oceanside CA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Coiltek 10x5 and 15, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you really want to understand your 800 get Clive Clynick's 3 books on the Equinox. Andy's books are more polished, but Clive's has more useful information instead of big pictures.

I agree with this. There is a lot of information in Clive's books. You want all three though. Each one is helpful on it's own and adds to the others.

OP
OP
dogcaught

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
Really appreciate that, been a few years since I've purchased Clive's books but agreed he is very next level. I'll check them out.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Are they pretty much focused on the 800 or would they also be insightful for someone who has a 600?

OP
OP
dogcaught

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
Really appreciate that, been a few years since I've purchased Clive's books but agreed he is very next level. I'll check them out. Found all three on @mazon, thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions