Anyone have a broken/not working Equinox 11" coil they can part with?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have none of the above items. I have Tesoros and XP Deus and can't break them! I have tried. Even ran over one in soft ground and it didn't break the shaft.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all!

I'm looking for a not working/broken Equinox 11" coil; I'd pay you a bit for it if you have one lying around.

Thanks!

Steve

Your the third person I know looking for one, each of the others want to extend the cables so they can chest mount the Nox. My one friend has requested a possible cable extension from Minelabs..like away's they told him it was not in the best interest of the machine to do that.. So he went to one of the Foreign coil makes for help. NEL COILS, KHARKOV, UKRAINE No word from them yet..

And this is the BS Minelab sent him, the same I was told 10 years ago about the cable for the Excalibur, which I did not believe a word they said and I was correct..shortening the cable had no effect on the performance..

The properties of the EQUINOX Coil cable are calibrated with the coil windings during manufacture to ensure optimal performance. By extending or shortening the cable, the coil characteristics are significantly altered.For this reason do not recommend or provide a coil cable extension

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your the third person I know looking for one, each of the others want to extend the cables so they can chest mount the Nox. My one friend has requested a possible cable extension from Minelabs..like away's they told him it was not in the best interest of the machine to do that.. So he went to one of the Foreign coil makes for help. [FONT=&]NEL COILS, KHARKOV, UKRAINE [/FONT] No word from them yet..[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

And this is the BS Minelab sent him, the same I was told 10 years ago about the cable for the Excalibur, which I did not believe a word they said and I was correct..shortening the cable had no effect on the performance..
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]The properties of the EQUINOX Coil cable are calibrated with the coil windings during manufacture to ensure optimal performance. By extending or shortening the cable, the coil characteristics are significantly altered.For this reason do not recommend or provide a coil cable extension[/FONT][FONT=&
[/FONT]

Thanks for this follow-up Joe. Maybe Minelab is too busy with quality control. :dontknow:

It seems like like someone wrote something to justify inaction.

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting, thanks for providing the info, Joe.

As for the broken coil, I don't want it for that reason. I want to mess around and try to design a top-notch coil ear protection AND repair kit -- all in one. I need a coil to experiment with...

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread