Is there a way to "toggle" between headphones and speaker?

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you use Bluetooth headphones or a speaker plugged into the Bluetooth headphones, it's easy. Just shut off the headphones locally and turn them back on when you want to reconnect. With wired phones, yeah you have to disconnect but unplugging a headphone plug takes less than second. Why do you want to do that in the first place?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which machine?

As far as I know, both Equinoxes behave the same way with wired headphones, so why does it matter? Apologies if I am missing something...

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know, both Equinoxes behave the same way with wired headphones, so why does it matter? Apologies if I am missing something...
Yes, wired you need to disconnect but Bluetooth you can switch off. He didn't say which detector he was asking about.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, wired you need to disconnect but Bluetooth you can switch off. He didn't say which detector he was asking about.

I know he didn't specify, but since this is the Equinox forum, I assumed he's talking about an Equinox 600 or 800 both of which are capable of using Bluetooth phones and have the same audio functionality including lacking a way to independently toggle between wired phones and the speaker.

If having to purchase a set of low latency BT phones is an issue because they are not included with the, then here is a reference guide of Equinox compatible low latency BT wireless phones:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/equinox/658230-wireless-not.html#post6786181

If he is using wired phones because he is using the detector submerged, then wireless is not necessarily an option, but also the speaker doesn't work well submerged either.

I guess shedding some more light on why he wants/needs to this could enable some potentially more useful suggestions.

Last edited:

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the Equinox forum so I assume he's talking about an Equinox 600 or 800 both of which are capable of using Bluetooth phones and have the same audio functionality. If he is using the 600, he can purchase a decent set of BT phones for less than $40 (cheaper than many wired detecting phones). So I still don't know why it matters which Equinox detector he is using.
Not everyone posts their questions in the correct forum. Also on the phone it sometimes isn't easy to see several levels down in the forums to see which one it's posted to.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not everyone posts their questions in the correct forum. Also on the phone it sometimes isn't easy to see several levels down in the forums to see which one it's posted to.

Gotcha. I don’t use the phone app because of those quirks, I use my browser even on the phone.

OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, Equinox.
Thanks for the replies. Just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread