"Made In Ireland"

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
If it's really made in Ireland it will be white with an invisible leprechaun stamped on the bottom. Good find!!!

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe by serial #? Perhaps ML could confirm.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The box mine came in said it was made in Ireland, I don't remember if there anything on the detector stating that. Ireland made wasn't a big deal until all manufacturing moved to Malaysia and then some people were willing to pay a little bit a premium for a western made unit.

OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
The box mine came in said it was made in Ireland, I don't remember if there anything on the detector stating that. Ireland made wasn't a big deal until all manufacturing moved to Malaysia and then some people were willing to pay a little bit a premium for a western made unit.

I got an original box with it, which says it was made in Ireland but I can't match any ser# matches from the box to the Etrac control box. I'd hoped that there would be a ser# match. Thanks.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the ser# in the battery compartment should match. Sorry, it's been so long since I had my E-Trac I can't if the box had a ser# or the info packet, or where it was.

shwebb

Greenie
Mar 20, 2008
Eufaula, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
E-Trac- Spectra- V3i MXT
I sent the serial # to Minelab service in Australia and ask if they could tell me where it was made. They sent me an email back saying mine was made in Ireland. Sent the same email to Minelab USA and they couldn't tell me.
Steve

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an original box with it, which says it was made in Ireland but I can't match any ser# matches from the box to the Etrac control box. I'd hoped that there would be a ser# match. Thanks.

The serial number on the back of the ETrac screen housing should match the serial number on the original box, on the end below the bar code, if they do not match then it is not the original box.

There is no way to tell the date or location of the detector by the serial number alone. Minelab moved factory production to Plexus Corp in Malaysia in December of 2009, detectors after that were made in Malaysia.

Last edited:

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can call Minelab and they can tell by your serial number.

My ET is 14 years old now and was assembled in Ireland.
Minelab is an Australian based company and the earlier machines were assembled in Ireland.
I remember when everyone thought the quality was going to go down when they went to Malaysia.
From all the reports I've read over the years - the quality of the machine remained the same.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My x70 was made in Ireland, although the box doesn't say it

Bayard

Oct 8, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1 probe, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe that Ireland made Etracs will have a serial number starting with XQ.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From what I was told with my Xterra 705 any serial numbers ending with last four digits 4000 and below were made in Ireland any that had serial numbers ending higher than 4000 were made in Malaysia do not know if the Etrac would have been the same but it was told to me by someone that knows the minelab detectors pretty good

I was also told that the ones made in Ireland were deeper detectors cannot confirm that info either, my Xterra 705 the last four digits of serial number is in the 2600 range

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread