"Made In Ireland"
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason in Enid
  • 1 Post By shwebb
  • 1 Post By shwebb

Thread: "Made In Ireland"

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2010
    350 times

"Made In Ireland"

How can you tell if it's one made in Ireland? Mine was touted to be one of them by the seller, but how can I really tell?

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
    4601 times
    If it's really made in Ireland it will be white with an invisible leprechaun stamped on the bottom. Good find!!!

us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
    1633 times
    Metal Detecting
    Maybe by serial #? Perhaps ML could confirm.
    "Those who cannot compete intellectually tend to develop a cultural aversion to the whole idea." -- Fred Reed
    ========================================
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

us
    Oct 2009
    8287 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The box mine came in said it was made in Ireland, I don't remember if there anything on the detector stating that. Ireland made wasn't a big deal until all manufacturing moved to Malaysia and then some people were willing to pay a little bit a premium for a western made unit.

us
    Jul 2010
    350 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    The box mine came in said it was made in Ireland, I don't remember if there anything on the detector stating that. Ireland made wasn't a big deal until all manufacturing moved to Malaysia and then some people were willing to pay a little bit a premium for a western made unit.
    I got an original box with it, which says it was made in Ireland but I can't match any ser# matches from the box to the Etrac control box. I'd hoped that there would be a ser# match. Thanks.

us
    Oct 2009
    8287 times
    the ser# in the battery compartment should match. Sorry, it's been so long since I had my E-Trac I can't if the box had a ser# or the info packet, or where it was.
    Mikeya9697 likes this.

us
    Mar 2008
    Eufaula, Oklahoma
    E-Trac- Spectra- V3i MXT
    2 times
    I sent the serial # to Minelab service in Australia and ask if they could tell me where it was made. They sent me an email back saying mine was made in Ireland. Sent the same email to Minelab USA and they couldn't tell me.
    Steve

us
    Mar 2008
    Eufaula, Oklahoma
    E-Trac- Spectra- V3i MXT
    2 times
    Here is there email

service@minelab.com.au
    Jason in Enid likes this.

us
    Mar 2008
    Eufaula, Oklahoma
    E-Trac- Spectra- V3i MXT
    2 times
    serial # is on the back of display module just above where the shaft goes in.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinney_5900 View Post
    I got an original box with it, which says it was made in Ireland but I can't match any ser# matches from the box to the Etrac control box. I'd hoped that there would be a ser# match. Thanks.
    The serial number on the back of the ETrac screen housing should match the serial number on the original box, on the end below the bar code, if they do not match then it is not the original box.

There is no way to tell the date or location of the detector by the serial number alone. Minelab moved factory production to Plexus Corp in Malaysia in December of 2009, detectors after that were made in Malaysia.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Nov 01, 2017 at 10:31 AM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Mar 2008
    Eufaula, Oklahoma
    E-Trac- Spectra- V3i MXT
    2 times
    They told me about 3 months ago
    Jason in Enid likes this.

Sponsored Links