Small e trac coils
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Small e trac coils

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dude

Mar 2011
    Logan, Utah
    Minelab E Trac, garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Small e trac coils

What is a good small coil for the etrac ?

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    S.E. Michigan.
    Minelab CTX 3030.... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
    2289 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have a Coiltek 10x5, and a Sunray X-5, they are both great. The Coiltek is close to the depth of the stock coil, but much better separation, the small 5 in. Sunray is great for those real trashy, close up spots. Both very good tools to have for your Etrac
    Last edited by cooper1841; Feb 03, 2018 at 09:56 AM.
    1844 Canadian Half Cent ... (2) 1859 Canadian Large Cent... 1873 Three Cent Nickle... 2- 1864 U.S. 2 Cent Piece... 1858 Seated Half Dime... 1875 Seated Half Dollar... 1863 Fatty IH ... Civil War Eagle I button ... Frisbie's Civil War Store Token

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    4333 times
    Agree with Cooper! I have the Detech 8x6 SEF coil and it rocks. Great in the high trash areas and great separation. Remember to slow down too!
    1stsniper likes this.

us
    Jul 2010
    350 times
    Detech 8x6 here also.
    1stsniper likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7684 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I have the 5 X 10 Coiltek Joey and the 3 1/3 X 6 1/2 NEL Snake coil. Both work great in trashy areas, but, both lose some depth over a stock (or larger) coil.
    1stsniper likes this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    692 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stsniper View Post
    What is a good small coil for the etrac ?
    Coiltek makes OUTSTANDING coils for Minelab. They are by far the most sensitive on the market since Minelab shares their info with them. That is why you only see Coiltek with after market coils on the CTX 3030.

I like the 6' Coiltek for the E-Trac myself. https://www.bigboyshobbies.net/coilt...ureseeker-coil
    1stsniper and Ammoman like this.

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    Dude

Mar 2011
    Logan, Utah
    Minelab E Trac, garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    3 times
    Well i bought a nel 6.5x3.5 Snake coil, very small coil,but depth is not great, and doesnt matter if its a penny dime or quarter, they all air test the same depth, will know more when i test it under real conditions, thanks everyone or the feedback,

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7684 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    None of the Etrac coils I've used air test very well. They work a lot better in actual hunting conditions. Seems they like a ground matrix for better depth.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Sep 2011
    Maine
    E-Trac, Racer
    32 times
    I have a nel sharpshooter that pretty much lives on my Etrac.
    Ogre1190 and 1stsniper like this.

us
    Oct 2009
    8247 times
    When I used the E-Trac, I always carried a SunrayX5 in my bag. If you have heavy trash, it's incredible. I never had any coilteks but they certainly have good reports. I dont think you could go wrong with one.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    28956 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Sun Ray is a killer coil.
    1stsniper likes this.

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    692 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    None of the Etrac coils I've used air test very well. They work a lot better in actual hunting conditions. Seems they like a ground matrix for better depth.

This is true of all FBS machines. Freshly buried targets do not do well either. Need to be in the ground of minimum of a year.
    1stsniper likes this.

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    4641 times
    Coiltek all the way! I had the 6" for my E-trac and it was amazing. Only bad thing about a small coil is the time it takes you to cover even a small area.
    1stsniper likes this.
    Dig till you drop!

us
    Oct 2009
    8247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammoman View Post
    Coiltek all the way! I had the 6" for my E-trac and it was amazing. Only bad thing about a small coil is the time it takes you to cover even a small area.
    Thats the truth! It feels like you are trying to paint a barn with a toothbrush!
    1stsniper, Ammoman, SD51 and 1 others like this.

us
    Dec 2018
    Tennessee
    Etrac & NOX 600
    534 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammoman View Post
    You can say that again! Pulled quite a few Barbers and Mercuries in very heavy trash areas where old pavilions / picnic sites use to be in 150 year old hunted out parks. Trying to hunt these areas with a standard coil drives me nuts in minutes and is non productive with all the masking and constant noise going on in your ears. If I were to cash in what I've found at Red Book value with my little 5" coil, it paid for itself many times over. But yeah, it's a slow go, however, those extremely trashy areas usually are not that big.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links