Small e trac coils

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Coiltek 10x5, and a Sunray X-5, they are both great. The Coiltek is close to the depth of the stock coil, but much better separation, the small 5 in. Sunray is great for those real trashy, close up spots. Both very good tools to have for your Etrac

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with Cooper! I have the Detech 8x6 SEF coil and it rocks. Great in the high trash areas and great separation. Remember to slow down too!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 5 X 10 Coiltek Joey and the 3 1/3 X 6 1/2 NEL Snake coil. Both work great in trashy areas, but, both lose some depth over a stock (or larger) coil.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
1stsniper

1stsniper

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2011
Logan, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab E Trac, garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i bought a nel 6.5x3.5 Snake coil, very small coil,but depth is not great, and doesnt matter if its a penny dime or quarter, they all air test the same depth, will know more when i test it under real conditions, thanks everyone or the feedback,

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of the Etrac coils I've used air test very well. They work a lot better in actual hunting conditions. Seems they like a ground matrix for better depth.

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a nel sharpshooter that pretty much lives on my Etrac.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I used the E-Trac, I always carried a SunrayX5 in my bag. If you have heavy trash, it's incredible. I never had any coilteks but they certainly have good reports. I dont think you could go wrong with one.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sun Ray is a killer coil. :icon_thumleft:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
None of the Etrac coils I've used air test very well. They work a lot better in actual hunting conditions. Seems they like a ground matrix for better depth.

This is true of all FBS machines. Freshly buried targets do not do well either. Need to be in the ground of minimum of a year.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coiltek all the way! I had the 6" for my E-trac and it was amazing. Only bad thing about a small coil is the time it takes you to cover even a small area.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coiltek all the way! I had the 6" for my E-trac and it was amazing. Only bad thing about a small coil is the time it takes you to cover even a small area.

Thats the truth! It feels like you are trying to paint a barn with a toothbrush!

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You can say that again! Pulled quite a few Barbers and Mercuries in very heavy trash areas where old pavilions / picnic sites use to be in 150 year old hunted out parks. Trying to hunt these areas with a standard coil drives me nuts in minutes and is non productive with all the masking and constant noise going on in your ears. If I were to cash in what I've found at Red Book value with my little 5" coil, it paid for itself many times over. But yeah, it's a slow go, however, those extremely trashy areas usually are not that big.

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting