Etrac for lefty

cougar14

Aug 6, 2017
Concord
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, have a Garrett Ace 400 I got a couple years ago, have had a lot of fun and success, am thinking about upgrading. I talked to a guy I met in the field, he had a Whites and recommended the MXT AP. Looked it up, controls all seem to be on the left, might be difficulty to operate if I had the unit on my left side. Any thoughts, experience? Thanks!!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what is Etrac in the heading for?? One of the better new machines out right now is the Minelab Equinox, you may want to look into one as an upgrade. They have the fastest recovery time available these days and can be updated by the manufacturer through your computer as the manufacturer sees fit. They are also digital with the controls on the center so there is little difference for a righty or lefty to use it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't imagine why a lefty would have a problem with the E-trac. I've swapped hands with mine without an issue.....in fact, the pin point button is in a slightly better position for a lefty.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Yep im a lefty and i have no issues with the etrac. It's all what you get used to anyway. Use it enough and if a control isn't where you want it at first, you soon adapt to it.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've got several machines and I'm left handed. I guess I'm use to the controls being a little off in places. My Deus is perfect with all controls being top center.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread