Any Nel Tornado 12" x 13" Users?

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EDIT: My bad... I just discovered a post to my question that I was looking for. Thanks.

I recently discovered it's permissible to MD our circa 1800's courthouse. A few weeks ago the weather was acceptable to give it a shot, but the ground was a muddy soup, so I didn't hunt long. I did find a Rosie, Mercury and wiped Indian head cent along with a couple of minor relics.

I discovered inside of the sidewalk for about four feet it is loaded with trash, so next time I'll use my little 5" concentric coil to weed it out. It didn't take long to determine that courthouse lawn has seen better days in the 'finds' department (hunted to death). But like everywhere else, the place is not completely hunted out to extinction. The two silvers and one Indian were deep and at the threshold of my stock etrac coil. I feel certain there are a few Barbers and Seated coins left sitting lower than the silvers I found. I believe if I could squeeze and extra inch or so in depth, I may be able to faintly hear them with my Grey Ghost headphones.

So, before dropping a couple hundred bucks on a Nel Tornado 12" x 13" coil (or the Storm), I wanted to check with you guys and see if anyone uses one, and can get that extra inch or two? It's my experience with the Minelab's in particular, that air tests don't mean a whole lot. The Youtube guys seems to be happy with them, but at my age, all that baggage, X-1 probe and weight, it will sure cut my day short.

Thanks for your experience and advice.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread