Has Nel Gone The Way of Sunray X-1 Probe?

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With some difficulty, I finally found a place and purchased an in stock 12" x 13" Nel Tornado coil for my etrac. Here's the response I just received.

Hi Dennis!

NEL has frozen our distributor of selling coils and we cant get any more. Hopefully NEL and distributor will come to an agreement soon. Necause of this I have to refund your purchase. Doing that now.

Thanks!

Bart Davis
405-206-9010
www.BigBoysHobbies.net
Authorized Minelab, Whites, Fisher, Teknetics, Garrett, XP Deus, Tesoro and Detector Pro dealer.

Anyone know what the deal is? Is this going the way of the Sunray X-1 probe for the Minelab? Think I need to find a used one for sale, or am I not digging deep enough to locate a new one? Thanks y'all...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see tons of NEL coils for sale on Ebay, including the Tornado for the Etrac. Haven't heard of any problems getting one. Hope there isn't anything serious as they make some good coils.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Isn't Cors the same company that make the Nel Coils?

OP
OP
Dennis1209

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see tons of NEL coils for sale on Ebay, including the Tornado for the Etrac. Haven't heard of any problems getting one. Hope there isn't anything serious as they make some good coils.

Tons? I scoured Ebay yesterday for one. Only one seller had a 'tornado' coil for an etrac, and he had only two in stock. And it is coming from the other side of the globe and take a month or more to get. That's why I was asking if Minelab was having another problem with a vendor like Sunray because the Tornado coils for Minelab are as rare as chickens teeth. All kinds of them for a Garrett and other machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions