E-Trac - kHz?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gunsil
  • 2 Post By gunsil

Thread: E-Trac - kHz?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2014
    Waxahachie, Tx
    E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
    69 times
    Chase silver

Question E-Trac - kHz?

Is it possible to manually set the kHz on an E-Trac. Is it related to 'sensitivity' or 'Noise Cancel' or neither TIA and HH.

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    4319 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Minelab FBS detectors (Safari, Etrac, Explorer), do not have the option to select a single frequency as do their Multi IQ machines.
    G.A.P.metal likes this.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8948 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    With 28 frequencies, I'm sure there is a different mix depending on which mode you're in. The E-trac doesn't use all 28 at once in any mode. Sensitivity has to do with signal strength/processing, and noise cancel with EMI. There might be a slight frequency shift when you do a noise cancel, but not sensitivity.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Mar 2014
    Waxahachie, Tx
    E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
    69 times
    Chase silver
    I've heard (not verified) that lower kHz is best for silver, while higher kHz improves chances for 'honing' in on gold. Someone (who shall remain nameless) that I trust, 'thinks' lower Noise Control values may equate to lower kHz and vice versa.

I have not personally tested these ideas, but intend to do so. My ultimate plan - is to leave my vehicle set up to detect silver and when I eventually 'turn' to head back, reset my E-trac (disc. pattern, noise channel, etc.) for gold and basically re-trace my steps.

What do you think......"Dumb idea" or "Sounds good"??

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    4319 times
    All Minelab FBS machines are known and proven "silver sniffers" right out of the box, no special "secret search modes" necessary. They are not the best at small gold by a long shot no matter how you set them up. It is 100% true that silver responds better to low frequency and that gold responds better to higher frequency, one of the reasons their 28 frequency FBS is so good, but the main benefit of BBS or FBS is the ability to hunt in mineralized soil and salt environments and still get great depth. You will never see a dedicated gold nugget hunter with an Etrac. The little lighter, cheaper Equinox will outhunt the FBS machines for gold any day any time and there are still better machines for finding small gold. Don't ever discount luck, plenty of fine gold jewelry has been found with entry level machines, one has to get their coil over a gold item before it can be detected. I do not think there is anything you can do to an FBS to make it find gold or silver better than it does in any of it's standard coin/jewelry modes. I seriously doubt that you will find anything you missed in the way of gold or silver going one way and back again by changing settings, they don''t miss much. Of course you have to have excellent search habits and overlap your swings. Even FBS gets fooled thinking a rusty nail is silver and aluminum and lead is gold, no machine made can discriminate between gold, aluminum, and lead. You wanna dig gold? Gotta dig more trash, period. That means no matter how many pull tabs you find, the next identical signal could be a gold ring, no way around it. Stop worrying, your etrac will find any silver objects or gold jewelry (maybe not tiny earring backs at depth) beneath the coil to a good depth in standard coins/jewelry mode. Maybe find the silver a little deeper but they don't miss much.
    Last edited by gunsil; Jun 22, 2020 at 05:12 PM.
    monkeys uncle and SD51 like this.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

Sponsored Links