Excess Coil Wire?

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
This Ultimate 13 coil for my Etrac came with a coil wire with such extra length that I need to leave this excess near the coil. Is this an electrical problem for the coil during detecting? Only way I see reducing the coils loop is to extend the length of the lower rod, which will hinder my swing style.

Thoughts?

Just had a mini brain storm. I can velcro part of the excess to the bottom area of the lower. It likely isn't a problem anyway. It does make me wonder why ML equipped the U13 with all that excess wire since the wire needs threading inside the whole lower rod assembly.

Attachments

• 947E3F52-2734-4AB1-A5C0-42655A81B2AD.jpeg
    947E3F52-2734-4AB1-A5C0-42655A81B2AD.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Ultimate 13 coil for my Etrac came with a coil wire with such extra length that I need to leave this excess near the coil. Is this an electrical problem for the coil during detecting? Only way I see reducing the coils loop is to extend the length of the lower rod, which will hinder my swing style.

Thoughts?

Just had a mini brain storm. I can velcro part of the excess to the bottom area of the lower. It likely isn't a problem anyway. It does make me wonder why ML equipped the U13 with all that excess wire since the wire needs threading inside the whole lower rod assembly.

ML didn't make the U13, so they had nothing to do with the amount of cable on it.

I know you know that, but just a little jab buddy.

I saw a post somewhere about making the coiled cable tighter when stretched. I wonder if creating more coiled cable would solve the problem. If you think it will, I'll try to find the method I saw on doing it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread