Old Chinese Schroll Text Translation Help

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have this old and battered scroll with Chinese text that I have not been able to translate. Any & all help is appreciated.. Thanks to all in advance.

Old Scroll 1.JPG ... Old Scroll 3.JPG ... Old Scroll 4.JPG ... Old Scroll 5.JPG

Yang Hao

Feb 23, 2015
Haerbin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks to be Christian.
主必赐永生冠冕.
Zhǔ bì cì yǒngshēng guānmiǎn.
Rough translation is
"The Lord will give the crown of eternal life"

主(God/Lord)
必 (will)
赐 (bestow)
永生 (eternal life)
冠冕. (crown)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yang Hao, again you have come through and yes not only does this help it also is a great starting point and direction that I can follow up on.
With a lot of luck maybe I can find a date range and where this was made. Thanks again.........

Yang Hao

Feb 23, 2015
Haerbin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy to help. If it follows Chinese tradition such as Chinese New Year, it might have been part of a couplet (2 or 3 banners) that were put up on either side of a doorframe and one above the door.

8D1E8865-7001-4B9F-8F7D-94C96A0C007C.jpeg

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy to help. If it follows Chinese tradition such as Chinese New Year, it might have been part of a couplet (2 or 3 banners) that were put up on either side of a doorframe and one above the door.

View attachment 1879837

Always appreciate your input. In a week or 2 / 3, I will more than likely have a couple more I need help with. Two Japanese wood block prints and one
Chinese fan leaf. I am doing my research now and with my son's app translation on his phone I get just so much info but cannot seem to put all in proper
context. Chances are very good Yang Hao that I will require your help with these also...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread