Boats Are as Old as We Are
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    1126 times
    Paleoindian-Early Archaic tools

Boats Are as Old as We Are

And with pictures

Archaeologists have discovered a set of tools they believe prove that man sailed the sea tens of thousands of years earlier than previously thought.
    Rough axes and other tools thought to be between 130,000 and 700,000 years old were found close to shelters on the south coast of the Mediterranean island of Crete.
    Crete has been separated from the mainland of Greece for about five million years, so whoever made the tools must have travelled there by sea, a distance of at least 40 miles.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz1ASHszVJG
    "[T]o silence a man is to pay him homage, for it is an acknowledgement that his arguments are both impossible to answer and impossible to ignore." -- JBR Yant

"Take heart from Noam Chomsky, who wrote that nothing in the social sciences cannot be understood by the average bus driver in a couple of minutes this is not calculus or physics, after all." -- Ramin Mazaheri

us
    MObushwhacker

Feb 2010
    Scott County Missouri
    White DFX
    16 times

Re: Boats Are as Old as We Are

It would have been interesting if you would have taken the pictures of the artifacts listed in the link and placed them on TN. Then asked the question if they are ancient artifacts or just natural stone. I believe 95 percent of the members would have said they are natural stones. I know I would have!
    ldmorrill@charter.net

Sponsored Links