Hello from Serbia!

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scolish, how did you get on in Niš, did you bring your detector with you, if so what did you find? are you back in Canada now?

OP
OP
Viminacium

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Caesar II prototype, minelab xplorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does Serbia have high mineralized soil or just in some parts?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Just some parts... In most parts which are outside cities you can work with high sensitive settings if that is what you wanted.

OP
OP
Viminacium

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scolish, how did you get on in Niš, did you bring your detector with you, if so what did you find? are you back in Canada now?

He was in Nis and he is in Canada now :) He found lots of stuff and nice coins! Back home with full pockets.

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you meet up with him? any Gold/Silver finds?

OP
OP
Viminacium

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No,but my friend was hosting him and showed me what he found :)

Scolish

May 26, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi, so sorry but I just saw your message today. I actually went to Serbia twice, both times I stayed in Nis. The hunting was great. Found many Roman coins, including 5 silvers. Also some rings and other artifacts. Both trips were great. I would like to go again, am thinking of this coming April 2016.

dr_pangloss

Greenie
Nov 24, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's MX Sport, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Sandshark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be going to Novi Sad for work, should I bring my detector? Anyone live near there?

dr_pangloss

Greenie
Nov 24, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's MX Sport, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Sandshark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would even be open to hiring a guide.

Shardan

Aug 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Guys, I am new here and just registered.
I read about Serbia on this forum and I decided to join your community. I know very well the Vojvodina because I lived in Novi Sad for about 3 years and I go back there very often because I have so many wonderful friends. I had the opportunity to metal detect only three times there with a friend in private lands, and the amazing thing is that we never left the location with empty pockets... well, his pockets because I was just accompanying my friend.
Said that, I got more interested and I promised to myself that next time I will go back there with my own equipment and, of course, anyone who is in Serbia is welcome.
I am not planning to be there yet, but it can happen anytime because I really love the Country and people there.
I've read your previous messages and I would like to know more about your experience on detecting in Serbia. Thank you!

P.s.: Serbia is FULL of history and many different civilization have walked on those territories. Many City archives and museums are full of information and clues where to find the most important finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions