Norwegian or Scandinavian treasures

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looked at libraries?
talked to Amateur archaeologists?
Or old people?

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
I left the Denmark's Arhus province today, and I saw a lot of old villages and small towns, I beleive that scandinavia has a lot of findes!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nahabit said:
I left the Denmark's Arhus province today, and I saw a lot of old villages and small towns, I beleive that scandinavia has a lot of findes!
It has you just need to know here to look and hope you can keep all you find. ;)

Kiss

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2008
Wales UK and Norway
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I guess you have you tried older farms, beaches and parks?
Where in Norway are you searching? north or south?
PS: stay out of Sweden as they have a total ban on metaldetecting :o
Good Luck with your next find.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kiss said:
I guess you have you tried older farms, beaches and parks?
Where in Norway are you searching? north or south?
PS: stay out of Sweden as they have a total ban on metaldetecting :o
Good Luck with your next find.
No we have NOT banned metal detecting, here is what to do;
1. get written permission form the land owner
2. Ask "lansstyrelsen" for permission (they might ask for a map where you have marked the place)
3. If they are please you'll get permission and are free to go for it. ;D

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Kiss, no problem though it is quite roughly written. (I did not want to write the whole law here...) ;D

Regards,
Eu

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
JohnnyO said:
Pleas help me out here.. Me and a friend are from Norway and we are trying to find some lost old things/treasures.
We have tried to find some books about this subject but unfortuantly we could not find anything.
We need more info to be able to help you. Please specify what you did.

Luigi81

Dec 23, 2006
Hello,
i am living in Norway also, and i am looking for people that are willing to come with me on treasure hunting trips.

I have some possible locations, but as i stand today i am not willing in sharing them...
Not because of greed, but because i am not 100% sure.

Of course i am willing to start a T.Hunting team as soon as any 1 from Norway contacts me.

thank you.

[email protected]

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome Luigi! Enjoy your stay at TNet. :thumbsup:

I don't think there are many from Norway here, though some might be lurking in a dark corner somewhere around here. :icon_jokercolor:

When looking on profiles there is a member map of the whole world more or less, look there for members from Norway. :wink:

HH,
Eu

Luigi81

Dec 23, 2006
Hello Eu_citizen. where in swden are you from?

I am currently living between oslo and trondheim, i have 2 children in trondheim with my girlfriend but i work in oslo.

I am Italia- British... That helps in treasur hunting...heheheh. I have hundreds of good leads in Italy and also in scotland. Recently i have been researching the vikings, i mean full time research . What doesnt add up to me is all the plunder the vikings gathered all over the knowen world, where did it all go?? well in the united kingdom every week there are lots of claims of finds of viking silver. But in Norway no 1 ever finds shit. Why???... because no 1 is looking. I am starting this saturday in the trondheim area, Steinkjer. I will let you know if i find anything, maybe if i do you can come and join me in the search , start a club???

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am from Småland, Emmaboda area. South east of Sweden.

If I can I would love to join you! Though at the moment things are uncertain.
Question though, can I bring my hunting buddy's? It is hard to finance such a thing as a student alone you see...

Same thing here many finds never get found as no one is looking. Öland and Gotland are completely off limits for detectors. :thumbsup:

As for a club, are you talking about a Scandinavian reaching club? (club to include the whole of Scandinavia)
I would like to hear more details. :thumbsup:

I have to go now,
work doesn't wait to long. :-\

O

Orionsbelt

Well, I could'nt wait. I buy the Minelab Excalibur II.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only difference is the search coil between the two Excals. That's what I want to recall. :thumbsup:

Anders

Apr 26, 2011
There are definitely a lot of treasures in Norway. Especially from the Viking era. I believe that if you are just willing to put in the effort, you will most likely find something.

Ten years ago, I bought some dirt that I was going use in my garden. By chance, when I was spreading the dirt in the garden, I found a thing that I could not identify, but it had the shape of a pen. I cleaned the thing and saw that it had a distinct pattern on it, so it was definitely man-made. Later I went to a Viking museum in my city (Trondheim), and saw the exact same thing there. Turns out, it was a kind of pin used by Vikings to keep their capes closed.

This little pin is probably worth next to nothing, but my point is, there are relics to be found in Norway. I think that with thorough research and the right equipment, it wouldn't be too hard to find some interesting stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread