Metal detecting in Augsburg, Germany

James57

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Detectorpro Headhunter PI
HI,

I will probably be traveling to Augsburg in July on business. I will be installing some machines and I will likely have some free time. I would like to bring my metal detector to do a little hunting. Can anyone tell me what the laws in Germany are for metal detectors? Are there any metal detecting clubs that have organized hunts? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

R

rammjäger

James57 said:
HI,

I will probably be traveling to Augsburg in July on business. I will be installing some machines and I will likely have some free time. I would like to bring my metal detector to do a little hunting. Can anyone tell me what the laws in Germany are for metal detectors? Are there any metal detecting clubs that have organized hunts? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

hello,
here in Germany the searching permits for using a metal detector depends on the province you are in.Some provinces (for example Westfalia) are not so restrictive as others.In South Germany it is very difficult to get a permit.You should better contact the Boden-Denkmalschutz Büro of the nearerst city for further informations ,otherwise you could get yourself into trouble.
Metal detecting clubs are not as in the USA-
I think there no such a clubs,only a few Webpages in internet.
Friendly greetings from Germany,
Miguel

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I am curious as to what you found out James. We are planning a trip to Germany in August and I would love to detect. We will probably be in Bavaria, perhaps the Palitinate region also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread