Oct 6, 2018 ~ MTHA Open Hunt (Massachusetts)

jimther

Jul 24, 2017
Eastern Taxachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites SPECTRUM XLT
Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Massachusetts Treasure Hunting Association (MTHA) is hosting its annual John Govoni Memorial OPEN HUNT at Houghton's Pond in the Blue Hills Reservation in Milton, Massachusetts, near Boston [840 Hillside Road, Milton, Mass, Exit 3 off Route 128]

Date: October 6th, 2018. This is a Saturday event. You may sign up for the morning hunt, afternoon hunt or for both hunts. Go to this MTHA link for a HUNT REGISTRATION FORM that you can PRINT & MAIL: http://www.masstreasure.com/files/do...ghunt_2018.pdf

RAIN or SHINE !

This is a "seeded" hunt on a fresh water beach and we have had participants from most New England states for several years. Last year, several Friendly Metal Detecting Forum members participated and from the feedback on this forum, had a great time and were looking forward to this year's event.

Cost: $70 for both hunts or $35 for the Morning OR Afternoon hunt (This is the EARLY registration price if your check and registration are received by September 21, 2018). Price for "walk-ons" on day of hunt is $45/hunt or $90 for both, so it pays to register early.

Prizes will include metal detectors, silver coins, planted clad coins, cash, gift certificates and metal detecting prizes. Also, RAFFLES to be held for cash, silver rounds, and equipment. Special Token Hunt (afternoon hunt) with Small Gold Coin as a prize. See our website as prizes are purchased and donated. Last years prize value was over $4000 Need more info? Call (781) 424-7472 or write to [email protected]

Some equipment reminders:
~No sand scoops* or belt-worn sieve baskets allowed; only digging trowel or knife and two-part "nail" apron
~All entrants are required to use HEADPHONES.
*sand scoop with handle allowed if you are disabled

We'll be raking the beach before AND after the hunt (help appreciated). It is normally off limits to detecting, being DCR parkland, so we have a SPECIAL USE PERMIT for that day only.

So charge up those batteries or bring extra Duracells and your lunch. NO Alcohol permitted on DCR Parklands.

Bring your Hunt Flyer for Schedule and directions: LOST on the DAY OF HUNT? CALL 781-424-7472 (This is Sandi, our HuntMaster)

Also, check this thread from time to time for updates as the prize list grows. I will post these as I receive them from Sandi, our HuntMaster.

P.S. I will be the guy who receives the Registrations and Hunt fees at our PO Box. Please include your email on the form so that I may acknowledge your entry. Thanks.

Good luck everyone !

Jim M. (jimther)
MTHA Librarian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread