What kind of foods do you think would be good for survival?

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Berries, mushrooms, nuts, some roots, fish, other meat...
Pretty much anything eatable you can find out in nature.

I'm surprised no one said that before me! :o

And not to forget pistachio nuts!
Some lad in the military had calculated that you need approx 60 of them per day to survive. :D
(my father told me about it a few months ago, I am not sure if I recall the correct numbers though)

Good hunting!
Eu

Edit spelling

T

trish76642

drywalldave said:
When I was in college I took this stuff to increase my muscle mass naturally, and got out of it until recently. I had bad allergies and befriended a beekeeper, who got me started rethinking the bee pollen thing. He gave me some to try and a couple weeks later my allergies were gone...no more sneezing or runny nose. My son mentioned that I had not sneezed all day,when we were doing a house in the middle of a hay field, which would have had me in a sneezing fit all day. Not only does it help with allergies, it also has all the essential ammino acids that your body needs to survive. But then again some are allergic to it and it has to be raw. If you want more info get ahold of me and I'll tell you what to look for when buying some.

http://www.envirobee.com/beepollen.htm
I need some of that Dave, Never had allergies in my life till now, wonder why that is? Had to get a steroid shot because it got so bad, was loosing my voice. Are you talking about local honey? hmm, Dont know any bee keepers around here.

Your right about that Mcgearhead. It is like taking a flu shot. Since we're on this subject, i will share something with all of you, its gross but it works, same categorie as the honey thing, when my step son was little, of course he stayed outside playing all the time and had a major problem with warts, his mother took him to the doctor, and the doctor cut one off and put it inside a capsule and told him to swollow it, and he did, warts went away and he never had another problem. Remember they treat snake bites with snake venom.

Now back to the original subject.

Jimb? your tack recipe sounds like home made tortillias? yum..

Savant? the stocking up on seeds is a good idea, planting my first garden next spring, gives me plenty of time to learn how to do some canning.

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
jimb said:
Spam is a good one. Spam sales have shot up in the last few months. For example you can make a ham salad using spam insted of ham. And the spam at a regular store has a shelf life of several years. What do you think is a good storeable cheep survival food?

SPAM=Spoiled Ham ???

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trish, about the Treet. It is for sale at the Super Walmarts not the small ones. The honey should be local but any will help. Everyone is coming down with allergies due to mold in the air, probably due to chemtrail spraying.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I like stocking up on those noodles...you can get them for sometimes 10 for $1.00 or 10 for $10.00...depending on the sale. Manchuran I think they are called and also cup of soups.

I like to keep on hands things that would require not much preparation and little ingredients. These soups and noodles require water only. You can always heat water.

I love rice and we have plenty of that. Everything has a shelf life, even water. When stocking water, you should rotate the stock with new about every 6 months.

Here's some sites for help in survival:

http://www.survival-center.com/guide/food.htm

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-should-i-choose-disaster-survival-foods.htm

http://www.survivaltopics.com/survival/how-long-can-you-live-without-food/

http://www.essortment.com/all/survivalfoods_rcnq.htm

These are some sites we use for our Scout Troop. We get good tips when they have to do their survival camping. Infact, during the 50th anniversary of Pipsico, (Oct 10th weekend)...we are going to have another survival camping adventure on that Sat night. Got to teach these kids.

Has anyone seen that show that was on Sci Fi: Jerimiah? I thought it was pretty good. Some diaster happened and all that were left remaining were the children. As the show went on, some adults did survive, ones that were in some shelter. That could happen and our children need to learn, because we aren't always going to be around!

YIS and YIMD,
Annmarie

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron and Ann Good post! Chem trails and con trails are two different things! Con trails are normal while Chem trails are dumping mold,germs, dried blood and more garbage then you can name. Chemtrails are NOT a conspiracy. They are a fact! Do a goggle search and see what you come up with.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
jimb said:
Ron and Ann Good post! Chem trails and con trails are two different things! Con trails are normal while Chem trails are dumping mold,germs, dried blood and more garbage then you can name. Chemtrails are NOT a conspiracy. They are a fact! Do a goggle search and see what you come up with.

LOL!! :D

Do a Google search and you can find someone saying anything you want to read.....it's called selective perception......

I could Google the exact same thing you do and locate just as many sites as you do, each saying the opposite of the next.

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That depends on what you deem reputable. Otherwise Yes!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
jimb said:
That depends on what you deem reputable. Otherwise Yes!
You know; nationwide, available on any newsstand, anything without Bat Boy on the cover?

Namely, has the New England Journal of Medicine done any research on this phenomena, perhaps Time or Newsweek has covered this topic? How about a publication that isn't based on the internet?

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes cemtrail residue was analyzed by professional chemest and studies have been done. I will try to find some of those reports for you but it may take a week or so since chemtrails are very old news.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
jimb said:
Yes cemtrail residue was analyzed by professional chemest and studies have been done. I will try to find some of those reports for you but it may take a week or so since chemtrails are very old news.
So are they no longer occurring, according to your sources?

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they happen every day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread