Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a sign if cold weather nearing this morning. It was a beautiful morning , sunshine, slight breeze and about 70 degrees. I went out "prospecting" for a couple of hours but came home empty handed, but I didn't really care. Just getting out in the nice weather was reward enough. But anyway I saw several Monarch butterflys heading south. One or more would flutter by every thirty seconds or so. I'm not positive, but I think the Monarch is the only bug that migrates? They winter in Mexico and fly back north in the spring to mate and lay eggs. I don't know what they do in Mexico, loll around on the beach and drink tequila I suppose. :icon_sunny: But anyway they stay a couple of weeks ahead of a the first freeze here in Oklahoma. So get out your mittens and jackets folks, cold weather isn't far behind. Brrrrrrrr! Monty

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
I just finished tuning up the snow-blower, ordered my shear pins, have the shovels/ice chopper
handy, bought sidewalk salt, all i need to do is pick up a few buckets of sand and i`ll be set. :wink:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Bought a Couple of Ceremic Space Heaters

Hopefully I wasted my Money this Year
and don't need them.

Yea Right :(

He Monty send those Monarchs My Way.

I'll put Leashes on them & keep them here
Then it can't get cold :wink:

Wen't by the lake yesterday. It's Filling with Geese heading South.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Out on the ranch in N.Central Texas and the Monarch's were comming over heading
to Mexico. I think they are illegal aliens. Dove hunters were out and its a wonder they got through. some of them good ole boys had their beer in the back of the jeeps
so if they got blind they would have been aiming all over the sky. Glad they were a couple of miles away. Gnewt

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Uhg... winter. :(
Last week I took a couple of picture of this guy... I think he was getting a late start, coming from NH.

Attachments

• Monarch2.jpg
    Monarch2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Monarch2.jpg
    Monarch2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 113
T

trish76642

We had a cold front come in the other night, weather started out crazy here in central texas! We had tornados popping up all around us. My 2 girls were stuck in the middle of Walmart because the weather was so bad, they wouldnt let anyone leave. Thank Goodness. Luckily no one that i know of was hurt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread