I voted today

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
I voted today. I voted a straight .......... ticket. (I'm trying to keep this post as non-confrontational as posible). I voted AGAINST a candidate (and his party) who would most likely improve my particular situation. (I've been unemployed for 2 years now, my wife makes $12.00 an hour, and I have 3 kids, a modest mortgage, no credit cards and my cars are paid for.) I voted against him for many reasons, but the main reason was because I felt that he would turn our country in the wrong direction. I hope you folks out there follow suit and vote for your country's sake, and not your own sake. So go vote!

K

Kentucky Kache

But with an improved economy you just might be able to find that woman a second job. ;D

OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
Cache Crazy said:
But with an improved economy you just might be able to find that woman a second job. ;D

She's already got one. Kickin my a$$ when she comes home and see's all the damage I've done in the kitchen! 8)

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
you know it's time to find a job when the kids come home and cal you mom

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
For the past few weeks I was getting "political survey" calls 2 or 3 times a day. I told one a couple of days ago that I "early voted" (haven't yet, but I'm going to :thumbsup:) and the calls stopped. Ah, peace and quiet have returned.... :D

OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
I can't even get a job at walmart. The last time I applied I put my race as mexican, and they still didn't call!
Basturds.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
You voted, that's the important thing. Well done, regardless of any particular party affiliation. :)

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BeerBelly said:
I can't even get a job at walmart. The last time I applied I put my race as mexican, and they still didn't call!
Basturds.

Did you fill it out in Spanish?! If not it might have been the give-away.......... :o

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
...depends on the size of your beerbelly. Could be Wallymart thinks you might not be able to:

reach and steer the shopping carts back to the store

reach and greet the shoppers as they enter the store

open the cash drawer

reach the top shelf, bottom shelf

stock the beer isle without sampling

Perhaps you should be looking for a job like a phone psychic or telemarketer. Maybe model maternity clothes on QVC... lots of opportunities for the stout beergut out there.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
In the past I have individually voted for each conservative candidate and against all the judges regardless of party. It's always the long term judges that get to acting goofy and thinking they are little tin gods. There are a couple democrat candidates that i like this time on a local and county level. since they are running against incumbents they will get my vote this time. I would vote for anyone running against senator dick Luger the RINO who calls himself a republican and always votes against the republicans. siegfried schlagrule

T

The.Boomer

Don't worry BeerBelly. The guy you voted against wouldn't have improved your sitiuation no matter which one he was. The economy cannot be fixed by any one man since it is a world wide problem and all the things each candidate is saying is a bunch of crap. That said if you voted the way I think you did, then you at least saved allot of little lives that deserved to be saved. :thumbsup: God wil reward you as soon as you bow your knee. PM me and I'll tell you more. :wink:

OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
Sorry for replying so late Boomer, I can't keep track of my posts!
Anyway, no need to PM you, I know exactly what you mean. I was born and raised in a Christian family. I rejected my Christian upbringing in my teen years, but have recently come back to Christ (I'm in my 40's now). It's a hard battle for me, and I'll be lucky if I barely make it in to heaven as the door is slamming shut behind me! If any of you guys have the time, please say a prayer for my faith, as it is tried every day.
I fear for my country as well. Looks like my vote didn't achieve anything. Maybe there is a silver lining in the cloud however, now the media can't say "the Republicans need to move more to the center". I think it's obvious we need to nominate a solid conservative for the next election, and quit trying to appease the middle and the left. Look where that got us this election! Poor Bamma got his work cut out for him now. Can't blame it on the Republicans or Bush!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread