never again

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone i would like to thank you for your support and prayers i used them all and even had to borrow some.Iam still angry so i wont talk about my HMO but i will tell you if i need another surgery i will Never Again go to this hospital. When i get back to normal i need to tell you of my new fear of hospitals. When they told me i could leave after 4 1/2 days i was ready to go. Again thanks its taking some time to get sister morphine out of me because of the overdose >:( Frank

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
So glad you are home again! overdose eh? :-\ I will be waiting to hear the story...for now just oh so glad to have you home with us again!

T

tulecanyon

miso soup will help flush out those drugs, nasty taste, but it will help.
cranapple juice will also help flush those drugs.
i am glad you came through the operation.

i have a horror story about knee surgery and too much of whatever the hell they gave me.

heal soon, that air base needs you.
:thumbsup:

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
(overdose? ??? :o )

AA, I don't know what happened, but I'm sure glad you'll be home again. You've got the prayers for good, clean - and quick - recovery comin' your way.

all the best,
Nan

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
overdose yes and boy was it a trip iam still high :tard:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I broke my back and had surgery I went nuts and found out they had been overdosing me with morphine! Some nurse caught it and called my doctor. He had transposed a number in the chart and I was getting about twice as much as I should. I now have a morbid feeling about hospitals, not really a fear but can't stand to watch hospital shows on TV. It's almost like I have flashbacks! I'd almost rather die than go to a hospital. Just being there is more painful than any of the procedures they do on me, including poking and sticking with sharp instruments. Glad you are home Ok and they did not succeed in murdering you.

M :cussing: nty

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
When Dan had his heart attack back in 2000 or so, he had no pain. We worked at a hospital, so it was easy to get him to ER, but once they got him to the ER room, they diagnosed him and shifted him to ICU. Never had he had any pain. Over the next few hours, they feed him morphine, though he was not in pain. He became very animated, loved all the nurses and doctors and everybody; very excited. ICU, a couple of hours later, they're feeding him pork chops. All of a sudden he conks out. They ran me out of his room and began life-preserving measures. An hour later, they let me back in.

For the next two hours he was so animated, I couldn't relate to him. I asked the nurses what they were giving him. Morphine. Why? He's not in pain. Well, just a matter of course. I told the docs and nurses to take him OFF the morphine and try something else to settle him down. After all, he was NOT in pain. If they wanted him to settle down, there are other medications.

The next morning, I go in and he's sooooooo dooooscile.... he's just the dream of a patient. Doesn't move, but opens his eyes and smiles, then just drifts off to sleep. I asked the nurse and she said, "We discovered what it is he doesn't need." Morphine.

He recovered remarkably.

Morphine can be an upper or a knocker-outer. Depends on the patient. Always be there to approve or question you loved one's care. Please.

Noodle

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
question is there any nurses left born in the USA ? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
lol there are a quite a few out this way. Move north! :tongue3:
it wont be long

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeze, aa! :-\ Well..I'm glad to hear you made it home! Just let the warden handle all of your needs for the next couple of weeks! :icon_king: She'll take good care of ya! :thumbsup:

Hurry and get better!!! :icon_sunny: Nana

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GLAD YOUR HOME!!!!!!!!

I just wonder if there any doctors left the were born in the U.S.A.?

Bob

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Glad you're out and home aa. Hang in there. Know the feeling though. Dr. gave daughter morphine after reading the chart. A bit later she was in respiratory distress-called the nurse (no help there)...called the head nurse. She looked at the chart, saw the morph. drip, and removed it. Daughter has asthma, turned out morphine is a contraindicaton for asthma. Got her an inhaler, put her on O2 and chewed out the dr. LOL Still a few good nurses out there that know their stuff and stand up for their patients. :thumbsup:

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Sheesh aa I thought I told you to stay away from hospitals, don't you know more people die annually in hospitals than in any other setting including wars ! BTW Morphine is gooooooooood stuff. But over dose is baaaaaaaaaaad.
Well just glad to have you back good buddy. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread