Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
They were here, then disappeared shortly before the election, then reappeared the next day, then disappeared again.

I hope this explains everything????????????? :icon_scratch:

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
politics - religion and rants are for charter members only. If you were a charter member it must have expired because there is no charter member tab on your avatar space. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
diggemall

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Well, I'm not dreaming because I read many of them and even posted a repoly to one or two.

Never been a Charter Member, so somethings funky

Diggem'

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I think what happened Dig is that when Marc put the rubber room back up he made it charter members only. It used to be that any member could post in them and now only charter members. Maybe it just cuts down on the mods having to keep track of how many folks are stabbin at each other? lol I don't know the reasoning behind it but my understanding is when it was put back up it was changed to where only charter members could use it.

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS FORUM IS DELIBERATELY DISCRIMINATING ITS MEMBERS !!! >:(

Now only Charter Members have access ?!?!??! :o

Just another way to get the "right" opinions only, I guess ?? :icon_scratch:

I´ve had enough and have asked Jeff to delete my account !!

Thank you all for many good and interesting discussions through the years !! :thumbsup:

TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is a very bad way to treat good members ! >:(

I have been here 3 years now, and like it here, but I will go if this is the way it´s gonna be !

I think the Admins should reconcider this decision and open the rubber room again !! :3some:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Truth squads that we heard about might have sent lawyers after any bit of adverse presentation.

It was a whiz-bang super fabulous campaign, wasn't it?

And nothing REALLY came out.

I remember when Clarence Thomas was vetted. and Justice Roberts. and a couple others.
It was NOTHING like that. More un-asked and un-answered questions than anything!
Basically a lot of hoopla, fawning, and swooning.

I am in the camp that subscribes to Peak Oil, and severe economic downturn on a global scale.
That being said, perhaps Obie may be the best choice to deliver the stark message to the masses.
Better than the 'old white haired guy'.

Change

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I noticed that there is no longer a report to moderator tab in the politics posts forum. I also noticed that there are a whole bunch of new people who never used to post in there. I also noticed that many of the old stalwarts are not in there anymore.
Couple of reasons for the stalwarts being gone. Maybe they don't want to invest time and effort into something that can go away at the push of a button and has gone away two or three times in the last year. Maybe also the stalwarts just don't want to begin acting like a bunch of liberals by spending the next four years whining about the guy that won. siegfried schlagrule

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
TheDane said:

Thank you all for many good and interesting discussions through the years !! :thumbsup:

TheDane

You must not have been paying attention. Every post that marc made after Huckabee lost was pro-Obama. That would indicate that he wanted the "left" opinions not the "right" opinions. Therefore calling him a Republican loyalist is very unfair on your part. siegfried schlagrule

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got your own nice and friendly way to say goodbye to all of us who can´t participate there anymore, Siegfried !! >:(

I notice that it says "Charter Member" by your nick name !!

It´s almost like in real politics, isn´t it ??

If you don´t want to pay, you haven´t got the right to a political opinion !!

NICE !

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
It seems to me that the rubber room is the most amount of work of any section for our moderators. It only makes sense it should cost more. Of course that is just my opinion. :wink:

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
TheDane said:

TheDane

All you do to delete your account is click on your profile, and then on the action steps on the left side you will see a link to delete your account at the bottom of the list.

Enjoy...Ryan

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
TheDane said:
You got your own nice and friendly way to say goodbye to all of us who can´t participate there anymore, Siegfried !! >:(

I notice that it says "Charter Member" by your nick name !!

It´s almost like in real politics, isn´t it ??

If you don´t want to pay, you haven´t got the right to a political opinion !!

NICE !

Yes it does say charter member by my name. I am not posting in the politics section since the election and have not decided whether or not to renew my charter membership. I didn't tell any of you goodby I merely explained why you may be having troubles. I expect that the cost to you to get a one-year charter membership will be down to about 5 Euros in the next three months. Give the man a month after he takes office and that should about do it. siegfried schlagrule

T

trish76642

Marc said the politics forum had caused him to loose sponsors, and thats pretty bad!
I can tell you that if this was my sight and i used it as a business and i lost sponsors because of one forum, you best believe i would never put it back up!

OP
OP
diggemall

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
~Trish~ said:
Marc said the politics forum had caused him to loose sponsors, and thats pretty bad!
I can tell you that if this was my sight and i used it as a business and i lost sponsors because of one forum, you best believe i would never put it back up!

I didn't realize either of the 2 major parties was a sponsor ! Hard to imagine a manufacturer caring one way or the other about peoples opinions on politics............. even more so, if a sponsor was politically sensitive enough to threaten (relatively) free speech with pulling their ad, I (in my usual pig-headed manner) would have said "Adios Amigo, this is America - you can disagree with someones opinion, but paying me to squelch it is another matter"

Diggem'

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
I noticed that there is no longer a report to moderator tab in the politics posts forum. I also noticed that there are a whole bunch of new people who never used to post in there. I also noticed that many of the old stalwarts are not in there anymore.
Couple of reasons for the stalwarts being gone. Maybe they don't want to invest time and effort into something that can go away at the push of a button and has gone away two or three times in the last year. Maybe also the stalwarts just don't want to begin acting like a bunch of liberals by spending the next four years whining about the guy that won. siegfried schlagrule

the report posts button is still there. right under ignore user, above nominate for banner.

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~Trish~ said:

Very interesting, Trish !?!!?

And the NON-Charter-Members have caused this problem only, or what ... ?? :icon_scratch:

If the Political forum was such a big problem, why not close it completely ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread