• king size quilt.jpg
    king size quilt.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 254

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ray S ECenFL said:
Eu_citzen said:
Except for TH'ing (treasure hunting) my only hobby is gals. :thumbsup:

LOL That used to be my other hobby till I found the right one.

Ray S
;D ;D I'm still working on that one, good thing is this hobby rarely gets boring... :D :wink: :tongue3: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Magic Fingers said:
I have been known to make a few quilts....when I had more time..lol
This is a king size quilt. I had my girls standing on chairs to hold it up.
Now I know why you go by the name Magic Fingers. ;D

Very nice looking quit. What kind of time does it take to make something as nice as that?

Definately a labor of love.

Ray S

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
I knit, embroider, crochet, quilt, bake, sing, play tennis, baseball, collect music boxes, collect literature and read voraciously. Just had a couple things accepted for publication in a literary journal so I am getting back into my writing.
Oh and I like to sled and snowboard..just got back in from sledding with some friends and family...about the only good thing about Ohio in the winter. :P

Magic Fingers

Ray S ECenFL said:
Magic Fingers said:
I have been known to make a few quilts....when I had more time..lol
This is a king size quilt. I had my girls standing on chairs to hold it up.
Now I know why you go by the name Magic Fingers. ;D

Very nice looking quit. What kind of time does it take to make something as nice as that?

Definately a labor of love.

Ray S

Well that quilt took me 2 months to make. It was amazing how fast the cost added up...lol.

The name Magic Fingers comes from me being a massage therapist. Many of my clients claim that I have magic fingers and hot hands. I have some ask me how I keep my hands hot....lol.

Donna

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Gracious we have some very talented folks here!! I love the painting and the chest and the quilt!

Hey Guy in Back.....how do you keep your Too from jumping on your keyboard? Mine always wanted to attack the keyboard if I got on the computer! lol

As far as my other hobbies....tons of them...baking, cooking, most crafts, horses, reading....the list goes on and on...when the weather gets icky I have to get busy doing something else or I get depressed! lol

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
yes, in the winter I "upcycle" my finds and create mosaic pieces.

Here's a few of my latest; Au Sun and Splash:

Attachments

• mugshot 004.jpg
    mugshot 004.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 229
  • mermaid 001.jpg
    mermaid 001.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 233
  • art4mind 007.jpg
    art4mind 007.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 223

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
ok, that is something I have not tried and now I am going to have to! lol Those look GREAT!

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
magicfingers...you've got the healer's touch :thumbsup:

THAT's why your hands are always so hot! It's all dang good! But you probably already know that

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh god Vibes... Those mosaics would look great if you made 'em in opal instead of glass... :o :tongue3:

Just an idea that passed my mind... :)

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
vibes said:
yes, in the winter I "upcycle" my finds and create mosaic pieces.

Here's a few of my latest; Au Sun and Splash:

The crosses caught my attention. Do you use some kind of mold? Are the colored pieces tile or glass? Very nice work.

Ray S

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Diggitdoggie said:
I knit, embroider, crochet, quilt, bake, sing, play tennis, baseball, collect music boxes, collect literature and read voraciously. Just had a couple things accepted for publication in a literary journal so I am getting back into my writing.
Oh and I like to sled and snowboard..just got back in from sledding with some friends and family...about the only good thing about Ohio in the winter. :P

Hi DD,
So what do you do in your spare time? LOL :tongue3:

Ray S

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was younger I liked to take long walks in the woods.
Enjoy the fall colors. Listen to the birds.
Watch the squirrels stash away their winter feed and rob each others stash.
Stroll quietly down a shaded path through the trees following tracks
made by larger creatures of the woods - the coyote, the deer, sometimes a bobcat or elk.
I noticed where antlers were rubbed to clean the velvet and small trees were fought in mock battles.
Sign that bears were fattening up for winter and their long slumber.
By a babbling brook through the trees I could just see a beautiful buck watering. So I killed and ate him.

I had to fatten up for winter too.

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
greydigger said:
When I was younger I liked to take long walks in the woods.
Enjoy the fall colors. Listen to the birds.
Watch the squirrels stash away their winter feed and rob each others stash.
Stroll quietly down a shaded path through the trees following tracks
made by larger creatures of the woods - the coyote, the deer, sometimes a bobcat or elk.
I noticed where antlers were rubbed to clean the velvet and small trees were fought in mock battles.
Sign that bears were fattening up for winter and their long slumber.
By a babbling brook through the trees I could just see a beautiful buck watering. So I killed and ate him.

I had to fatten up for winter too.

You have an interesting occupation. Haiku Repairman :

Haiku
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Haiku (disambiguation).
Haiku (俳句, haikai verse?) listen (help·info), plural haiku, is a form of Japanese poetry, consisting of 17 Japanese on (a phonetic unit identical to the mora), in three metrical phrases of 5, 7, and 5 on respectively[1], and typically containing a kigo, or seasonal reference. In Japanese, haiku are traditionally printed in a single vertical line, while haiku in English usually appear in three lines, to equate to the Japanese haiku's three metrical phrases[2]. Previously called hokku, it was given its current name by the Japanese writer Masaoka Shiki at the end of 19th century.

Was not familiar with the term and looked it up.

Ray S

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
Hey Ray, three kids, two of them teens..there is no such thing as SPARE time..but when I sneak a moment for myself..dance..I love to dance.. :tongue3:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Ray,

The base is wood. The shards utilized vary...most are pieces of plates, cups, etc.. that I find when I'm digging a target. OR, like the brown and white square tiles used in the "Baba" jar hail from the Moreau Seminary/Notre dame University...I have boxes due to renovation a few years ago.

Here's another example, or a good example of digging finds incorporated into the mosaic:

"Old Spice"

Attachments

• old spice.jpg
    old spice.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 160
OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
vibes said:
Ray,

The base is wood. The shards utilized vary...most are pieces of plates, cups, etc.. that I find when I'm digging a target. OR, like the brown and white square tiles used in the "Baba" jar hail from the Moreau Seminary/Notre dame University...I have boxes due to renovation a few years ago.

Here's another example, or a good example of digging finds incorporated into the mosaic:

"Old Spice"

Thanks for the update. That piece "Old Spice" is an eye catcher for sure. Very nice. A good example of 'one mans junk is another mans treasure'. You sure know how to recycle junk into treasrue.

Ray S

Ray S

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
I used to be into astronomy, and had several telescopes. I ended up selling them before I moved overseas for a time. Since I've been back in the U.S. I've thought about buying a new telescope and getting back into the hobby but want to get an ACE 250 or something first.

I spend a lot of time doing genealogy research. To tie in with that, I also scan and archive the family photos, documents, video, etc.

I read a lot, but I don't know if one considers that a hobby. I like to read about the War Between the States, World War II, Louisiana History, and Australian history. I also try to stay active in my SCV camp.

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Pimp Lenin said:
I used to be into astronomy, and had several telescopes. I ended up selling them before I moved overseas for a time. Since I've been back in the U.S. I've thought about buying a new telescope and getting back into the hobby but want to get an ACE 250 or something first.

I spend a lot of time doing genealogy research. To tie in with that, I also scan and archive the family photos, documents, video, etc.

I read a lot, but I don't know if one considers that a hobby. I like to read about the War Between the States, World War II, Louisiana History, and Australian history. I also try to stay active in my SCV camp.

Interesting hobby, star gazing. I would buty the Ace 250 first, then use you finds to buy the telescope. MDing is one of the few hobbies that pays for itself.

HH

Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread